HR Executive Compensation Sr. Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Executive Compensation is responsible for developing and administering compensation programs for officers across the Enterprise including incentive programs for all broad-based employees. Such programs need to attract, retain and motivate officers as well as comply with a complex regulatory environment (IRS, SEC, FAS, new legislation, etc.). Executive compensation works closely with Senior Leadership and supports the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors and its independent compensation consultant to develop innovative and balanced programs that are aligned with shareholders interests and business objectives.
The Executive Compensation Senior Consultant assists the team in delivering core executive compensation initiatives to internal clients by applying professional judgment, knowledge and a perspective. The individual assists in the research, analysis, design, implementation, and administration of key compensation programs of the Company. In addition, the individual assists in the development and implementation of innovative and competitive executive pay solutions that support the Companys strategic objectives and shareholders interests. This includes project planning, execution, timing, functionality, quality, communication and cost. Projects may include (but are not limited to) survey administration, technology, communications and competitive pay benchmarking.
Executive Compensation and Employee Incentive Design, Planning, and Execution
- Coordinate pay benchmarking projects for specific clients including job evaluation, internal and external analysis and recommendations.
- Lead portions of the implementation, communication, and administration of either the annual or long term incentive plan for all eligible employees, ensuring alignment with business objectives and shareholder interests.
- Play a key role in the development of meeting materials for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors, including competitive data and plan design alternatives and implications.
- Conduct the research, analysis and design of specific core executive compensation initiatives including pay mix, incentive leverage, salary ranges, perquisites, etc.
- Work closely with internal/external counsel on the annual proxy circular to provide compensation information that is disclosed in accordance with SEC regulations.
- For specific clients and in conjunction with the Director, Executive Compensation, develop individual pay recommendations for newly hired or appointed executives or Investments professionals.
- Support vendor relationship management.
- Responsible for the completion of executive compensation surveys.
- Assist with moderate to complex projects covering key areas of executive compensation including changes to regulatory provisions, employee communication regarding executive and incentive compensation programs, analyzing effectiveness of current incentive plans, ad-hoc report and analysis requests.
- Support the delivery of high quality projects on time and budget in a high paced environment.
- Collaborate well with HR peers and business and/or functional experts.
- Develop effective relationships with accounting, finance, HR, legal and the Company such that the impact of proposed changes to executive compensation programs are fully understood and articulated to Senior Management in advance.
- Support specific clients by reaching out to better understanding their business strategies and executive compensation objectives.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Finance, Accounting or related area
- 3-5 years experience in Compensation preferably Executive Compensation
- Professional with good leadership, communication and administrative skills
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of business software, including Excel
- Intermediate to advanced analytical skills
- Technical experience in executive compensation
- Intermediate to advanced time management skills including ability to handle multiple projects, prioritize and organize
- Ability to establish, manage and leverage relationships with internal and external partners
- Creative thinking and problem solving
- Good business writing skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.