Commercial Underwriter - Excess & Surplus Lines
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Commercial Underwriter Excess & Surplus Lines
CapSpecialty is seeking an Excess & Surplus Lines Underwriter thatwill generate profitable Commercial Property & Casualty Business by a managing Book of Business through underwriting assigned territory, building working relationships with agents and co-workers. Senior level position possible commensurate with experience. This position requires travel up to 25% of the time.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- 7+ years commercial underwriting experience.
- 3+ years experience in excess and surplus lines.
- Completion of continuing work towards industry certification (i.e. CIC, IIA, CPCU) required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to think analytically and find creative and effective resolutions.
- Strong underwriting and marketing skills.
- Self-directed and innovative.
- Detail- and Service-orientated.
- Highly productive and accurate.
CapSpecialty is a leading provider of specialty insurance for small- to mid-sized businesses in the U.S., offering Commercial Property and Casualty, Professional Liability, Surety and Fidelity products in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. By working with select partners through a limited distribution model, CapSpecialty's creative, hard-working team provides personalized service and cultivates mutually successful partnerships to deliver positive results. CapSpecialty's carriers have an A ("Excellent") rating from A.M. Best, writing both admitted and non-admitted policies on the paper of Capitol Indemnity Corporation, Capitol Specialty Insurance Corporation and Platte River Insurance Company subsidiaries of Alleghany Insurance Holdings LLC, part of Alleghany Corporation (NYSE: Y). For more information please visit our website.
Want to join an exciting and team-oriented environment that offers competitive compensation and benefits packages including an innovative unlimited vacation plan, professional and educational growth opportunities, and recognition for great performance? Apply today!
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer