Business Development Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Manages and leads the sales and operations analysis process for Sales & Account Managements new business & business renewal efforts. Uses Salesforce to analyze new & renewal business relationships and patterns within customer data and creates tools which can be leveraged to build actionable strategies. Contributes to product direction and ensures capabilities meet market needs and customer expectations. Develops systems and processes to monitor and improve team performance. Completes and/or leads ad hoc projects to support sales, operations, client relations, and proposal writing processes. This position will be filled out of either our Dallas or Chicago office.
- Works with Director of Operations and Chief Client Officer Client & Business Development and Finance to create revenue growth strategies and pricing models.
- Works directly with Sales Executives during the RFP process, strategy development, pricing, RFP response and senior management sign-off process.
- Works directly with Account Managers and Regional Vice Presidents during the renewal process in the preparation of strategy development, pricing, RFP response and senior management sign-off process.
- Works with operations and finance to ensure pricing models and methodologies remain competitive within the market place.
- Manages internal financial reporting for Sales & Account Management teams.
- Works with Director of Operations and CCO to plan and develop ongoing Sales & Account Management call/meeting agendas, materials and exhibits.
- Develops metrics to identify potential opportunities or gaps in our offerings.
- Recommends product enhancements and new product development based on an understanding of market needs and trends.
- Develops processes and procedures for Business Development and Client Services
- Represents Client & Business Development in corporate initiatives and shared services committees within the home office as assigned.
- Conducts analysis of actual to budgeted results for Client & Business Development
- Monitors actual versus budget and follows up on anomalies
- Works with global organization to facilitate new business opportunities.
- Maintains pipeline, dashboards, and operational reports via Salesforce.com
- Ensures interdepartmental reporting is completed correctly and on time.
- Maintains departmental knowledge database, ensuring that content is always current
- Participates in special projects or performs duties in other areas as requested.
Bachelors degree in business, marketing, or discipline related to product lines or an equivalent combination of education and work experience is required.
Minimum of 3 years of extensive knowledge in sales, operations, and marketing . Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and prioritize appropriately and delegate and provide direction and management of staff
Strong level of client service, with experience working collaboratively and consultatively with clients. Ability to create and manage effective relationships with cross-functional partners at various levels of the organization.
4 to 7 years experience managing medium to large scale (complex) project initiatives (and teams) in the application development and/or infrastructure arena
Requires occasional overnight travel.
PMP certification (or currently pursuing) desired
Strong knowledge of industry practices and jurisdictional regulations affecting how a product is planned
Ability to perform complex financial analysis of product and process performance results.
Analytical Problem Solving - Ability to identify root causes of problems and create new solutions, identify inefficient business work processes, and recommend technological solutions to improve; consider the impact and application of proposed solutions on other projects, work units, or business information problems
Acumen - Ability to make practical, realistic and timely decisions after considering the facts, available organizational resources, and potential risks.
Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with various groups.
Highly motivated, self-directed individual; demonstrates initiative in completing assignments.
Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
Solid understanding of development processes and methodology, quality issues, and project management methodologies and tools.
Proficient PC skills, including the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint).
Familiarity with Microsoft Project, Visio and Lotus Notes an asset.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.