Associate Product Manager- Encompass
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job Family Summary
This job family is housed within the Encompass Product Operations department and leads the development of analytical data and execution of state strategy in support of business goals. Responsibilities include interfacing with several internal customers in areas such as State Managers, Line Management, Underwriting, Sales, Technology, and other teams within Encompass Product Operations.
This experienced level associate product managers role will recommend, coordinate and complete projects, analysis and analytics that include but are not limited to: measurement of minor and major initiatives, underwriting revisions, compliance projects, system inquiries, profitability analysis, call logs, competitive intelligence and other assignments of moderate to high complexity.
- Manage and develop a team of analysts responsible for providing product and underwriting support on a state/regional level.
- Leverages familiarity with and utilizes available data sources/tools and measurement processes to design, create and maintain analytical support for state product teams with an appreciation for state-specific nuances;
- Owns and creates documents, procedures and communication vehicles to be used by state managers (e.g. task-specific job aids and checklists) to influence product design, business strategy, and underwriting philosophy.
- Develops familiarity with traditional/non-traditional sources of competitive intelligence and utilizes information from these sources to inform impacted AORs (i.e. Introduction/changes to state-specific discounts or rating plans and new rate/rule/underwriting filings)
- Determines and executes on comprehensive work plans to coordinate product-related aspects of moderate- to high-complexity projects across various disciplines (e.g. Product/Contract), including formal documentation of requirements, processes, workflow analysis and communication to interested parties; Creates post-implementation measurement and management summaries
- Understands P&L and finance report data ability to identify potential pressure points or emerging trends for state product teams
- Familiarity with state regulatory environments and specific regulations in order to provide analytical support to recommend decisions to state managers about the implementation of Pricing/Product changes (including, but not limited to, rate/rule changes and minor/major initiatives)
- Understands the business of Insurance in order to improve outreach to other Areas Of Responsibility; Understands auto and home insurance, coverage(s) included and excluded, contracts of adhesion and claims settlement practices
- 3-5 years of related experience; college degree preferred
- Insurance and/or pricing knowledge and experience in P&C industry is preferred
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- High-level organizational and project management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely manner and to monitor processes throughout a team or department
- Strong decision-making and problem- solving skills
- Works effectively in a team environment
- Strong attention to detail; can analyze data and review analysis from others and identify and resolve data issues of basic to moderate complexity
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.