Senior Commercial Business Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The purpose of the ABI Commercial Business Consultant Family is to achieve successful Commercial Certified (CC) Agent growth through a consultative planning process that includes annual planning and goal setting, identification of resources to meet agency gaps, assistance with implementing the plan, and scheduled checkpoints to monitor progress. Effective business consultants will leverage regional partners to develop collaborative plans for each Commercial Certified agency.
ABI Strategy Development and Execution
- Through direction of the ABI National Sales Leader, support the Commercial Certified Exclusive Agent, Top Commercial Producer, and Industry Practice Leader community.
- The primary responsibility of the SCBC is to be a commercial business consultant to assigned CC agents. One of the accountabilities is to serve as a player coach/mentor to assigned CBCs.
Business Planning and Consulting
- Establish the SCBC role as a value added resource by successfully implementing the following five business strategies for each CC Agent:
- Discovery: What is the Agencys level of commercial commitment; i.e. Commercial Certification, TCP or IPL
- Analysis: Based on commitment, develop agency growth plan including ROI, Agency Revenue, enhanced compensation and recognition utilizing the Commercial Owners Manual and Model Office tools
- Planning: Identify resources for the execution of the agency business plan. What gaps exist? Staffing, education, lead sources, etc.
- Implementation: Execute the proactive marketing program designed to achieve the agency goal; (Filtered Lead/Drip Mail campaign), complete needed education, and deploy usage of ABI tools (iPad app, Commercial Locker, Enterprise Risk tools)
- Measurement: Mutually agreed upon accountability including; execution of the plan, ongoing review and advice on adjustments as necessary.
- SCBC is a partner with MOC leadership in addition to each of the regional FSLs, AB Leaders, FSC, TSC, ADS Leaders, and education consultants in order to build and maintain effective relationships. Hold monthly 1:1 sessions with each to discuss ABI strategy and processes, shared opportunities with agents, and how each support the agents in the Trusted Advisor Model.
- As requested, participate in MOC meetings and strategy sessions. Also participate in market meetings, town halls/kick off meetings, etc.
- Help regional TSLs/FSLs understand, and use, the non-CC commercial support structure (ACC, CSC, BIS, ABIe)
Agency and LSP Development
- Support existing CC EA commercial needs.
- Onboard new CC EAs to ensure a consistent quality development process.
- Help CC EAs extoll and take advantage of the ABI Beyond Insurance CVP.
- Deploy the ABI lead filtering and drip mail campaign for all CC EAs.
- Serves as primary field communication source between ABI and regional MOCs, TSLs, FSLs, front line AB Leaders, FSCs and TSCs, through scheduled MOC meetings/calls, recurring monthly 1:1 meetings/calls with TSLs/FSLs, and participation on TSL/FSL team calls.
- Utilize Agent Focus newsletter as the focal point for CC EA communication.
- Utilize MOC Messages newsletter as a focal point for MOC communcations.
- Have advanced knowledge of and effectively communicate ABI key messages to CC agents and FSLs; including the ABI Agency and Customer Value Propositions, Commercial Certification program, ABI enhanced compensation, agency economics, ABI awards & recognition programs (TCP program), Industry Practice Leader program, profitability initiatives (RMPs), agent support solutions (ACC, CSC, BIS, ABIe), pricing and market guidance.
Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of 5 years experience in sales or business consulting preferred
- 4 year college degree
- Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective internal relationships across multiple business functions.
- Advanced knowledge of commercial products and processes, for both EA and IA channels
- Agent experience preferred
Analytical and Technical Skills
- In-depth understanding of pricing, claims, local market planning, sales trend analysis and marketing data
- Ability to assess market conditions, trends and indicators.
- Adept with desktop automation tools
- Familiarity with Business Insurance industry, including competitors and trends and products is a plus
- Process development and implementation skills
- Recruiting skills
- Proficiency with business consulting tools
- Advanced business consulting and sales skills
- Commercial insurance designations (CPCU, CIC, etc.) desired, but not required
- Ability to foster a collaborative working relationship with senior leadership
- Advanced communication skills includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation, and relationship management
- Advanced interpersonal skills can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust
- Problem solving conducts stakeholder and risk analysis on key issues
- Removes barriers to change
- Introduces and leads change effectively
- Team Building blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging the team; etc.
- Provides influence and authoritative advice
- Analyzes long-term impact of new or anticipated strategies
- Creates strong business relationships and through leadership, gain alignment and momentum in delivering Company goals
- Planning and organizational skills effectively work outside an office with limited daily supervision; can engage resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Some overnight travel required
Required Licenses (including certifications)
- P&C licensed in state of residence
- Industry certifications preferred
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.