A national carrier is expanding their operations and is looking for an Underwriter Assistant to support their Casualty programs in the Atlantic region.
This person will be supporting underwriters who handle specialty lines casualty in the small and middle market account area. Qualified candidates will need 3 - 5 years of Underwriting Assistant experience with experience in any lines of specialty lines casualty being a plus.
• High School Diploma or equivalent, some college preferred
• Insurance industry experience preferred
• At least 3 years managing complex work loads
• Ability to work independently and efficiently
• Excellent communication skills are essential
The candidate should also be bright, energetic, positive and detail oriented, and able to work both as a team and independently. Skills should include basic computer knowledge in Word and Excel