Customer Service Representative - Sarasota, FL
- Career Level
- Entry Level
Provide overall phone customer service for insureds, agents and internal company personnel. Responsible for performing different policy level transactions (example: cancellations, policy changes) as instructed and within level of authority. Participate in team projects as instructed and necessary to maintain First Class customer service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete customer’s transactional requests within applicable policies and identify opportunities requiring a transfer to another area.
- Respond to customer questions accurately demonstrating expertise and knowledge of products and processes.
- Actively listen to customer issues or questions showing interest and displaying empathy for the caller’s situation.
- Read, analyze and interpret procedures and documents.
- Remain current on new marketing campaigns in order to respond appropriately to marketing related inquires using all available resources/tools.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables
- Report discrepancies in procedures and policy details to management, as necessary
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or training, agency experience preferred
- Some college or post-secondary training in business operations or insurance is strongly preferred
- Experience using Microsoft office products
- Must be detail-oriented and possess good interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Must be flexible and able to adapt in a changing business environment with minimum supervision
- Must be willing to work flexible schedules to support multiple time zones
- Must possess strong communication, organizational and teamwork skills
- Bilingual Spanish/English
Licenses and / or Certifications:
- CSR/Agent 220 license
- Insurance classes through AICPCU are preferred