Vice President, Auto Actuarial Services
- Career Level
At Windhaven Insurance we are always looking for A-players who want a challenge. Are you a driven person who wants to achieve great feats of growth in an environment that feels more like a successful start-up than an insurance company? Then you might be a future Windy.
We are building the team to take Windhaven™ Insurance to the next level and we are committed to our mission, culture, data-driven decision making, and entrepreneurship.
The VP of Auto Actuarial Services will serve as our senior auto actuary and manager in the Product / Actuarial Department. This is a high visibility position; not a traditional actuarial role. This is a business function and not just an indications and reserving job. A qualified person must embrace change and contribute to the company’s business using data to help shape our decisions.
The successful individual will perform actuarial and statistical analysis to support the company’s goals as well as assist in the development and maintenance of analytical tools and models. This person will be responsible for auto product pricing and development, including identifying trends in premiums and losses, recommending rate and coverage changes, and maintaining and updating predictive models.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development and maintenance of analytical tools and models using Microsoft Excel, Access, Visual basic, SQL, and more
- Collects and refines appropriate data for actuarial analysis and ensures its reasonableness and accuracy
- Prepares periodic and ad-hoc reports for other departments and oversees programming solutions
- Performs actuarial and statistical analysis
- Administers, designs, secures, and maintains databases
- Determines business intelligence needs
- Supports other actuarial and business functions as needed
Education & Work Experience:
- 4-year degree in mathematics, actuarial science, or similar
- 3 years actuarial experience in auto insurance
- Supervisory level experience
- ACAS or near achieving ACAS designation
Skills & Abilities:
- Effective communicator – excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office, particularly Excel
- In-depth knowledge of SQL
- Keen attention to detail and ability to use advanced spreadsheets and database techniques to analyze and design reports and program queries
- Strong business awareness and acumen
Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic.