- Career Level
- Not Specified
Phoenix-based CopperPoint Mutual Insurance Company is seeking a motivated Communications Intern to join our organization. This is a paid opportunity for a college student pursuing a degree in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or Marketing to acquire experience and build their portfolio using traditional and social media as well as digital tools for an organization of almost 500 insurance professionals.
This position will require strong writing skills and a working knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn; knowledge of other platforms, which also may be part of the social media mix (i.e., Wordpress), is a plus. Journalism, public relations and marketing skills, including adherence to Associated Press guidelines, also are required.Responsibilities
- Implement and manage social media campaigns
- Supply accurate, updated information for website/blog postings
- Attend business meetings to research topics for OnPoint, the companys news intranet for employees
- Write blog posts and news releases on workplace safety topics as directed by supervisors
- Assist with planning and staffing of employee events
- Support community volunteer events as needed
- Attend planning and/or department marketing meetings when possible
- Take photographs and video of events, share on social media
- Junior or Senior in college
- Excellent writing, reporting and communication skills
- Proficient in Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Strategic communications skills; business communications skills a plus
- Basic knowledge of web design and posting
- Proficient writing skills and knowledge of Associated Press reporting style
- Professionalism and punctuality
- A writing sample will need to be submitted during the interview process
- May 21, 2018 July 27, 2018
- 40 hours/week for 10 weeks, at $15 per hour
- Weekly meetings with supervisor(s) to monitor progress
- Ability to work at events
About CopperPoint Insurance Companies
- Rated A- "Excellent" by A.M. Best, is the state's premier provider of workers compensation insurance.
- CopperPoint has begun to offer other additional commercial insurance products as well as offering workers compensation insurance in other Western states.
- Promotes a culture of workplace safety statewide via partnerships and training.
- In 2017, CopperPoint employees reported more than 5,500 hours of volunteer time
- Is a four-time winner, Best Places to Work.
CopperPoint is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, ancestry or citizenship status, genetic information, pregnancy status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law. CopperPoint maintains a drug-free workplace.