As a Systems Administrator at ICW Group, you will ensure ICW Groups computing environment and infrastructure technologies are properly engineered, administered and maintained in support of ICW Groups computer operations. You are a true IT professional through and through so you love playing with new technologies and tools to stay abreast of new trends and on top of cutting edge technology. You pride yourself in knowing a lot about a variety of IT technologies rather than a SME in only one! Our Systems Administrators define procedures for monitoring, evaluating, diagnosing and establishing a work plan to resolve system issues. You are naturally a problem solver, so you love performing troubleshooting for moderately complex hardware, software and network problems. Each day offers a variety of new challenges for you to tackle including:
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides 3rd Tier technical support and problem resolution for ICW Groups computing environment.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches, and resolves systems related problems.
- Manages backup integrity and reliability
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Architects, implements and maintains current and future ICW Group computing technologies.
- Research, evaluate, recommend, implement new computing technologies in support of Software Defined Data Center.
- Implements and maintains Configuration Management practices and documentation for all hardware, operating systems and application software utilized by ICW Group.
- Assists with the administration and maintenance LAN based user application systems, enterprise messaging and collaboration technologies, and enterprise data storage environment.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline plus 2+ years of hands-on, relevant work experience as a Systems Admin. Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years work experience as a System Admin supporting a 500+ server environment in either a Linux or Windows (2012 or 2016) environment.
- 3+ years work experience designing, implementing and maintaining Microsoft based enterprise applications and systems.
- 3+ years work experience supporting Microsoft based desktop applications and systems.
- Linux/Centos/Redhat experience
- Experience with any of the following: VMware, KVM, Hyper-V, Nutanix
- Experience with any of the following - Enterprise monitoring tools/technology: SolarWinds, Splunk, Zabbix, Nagios
- Experience with any of the following - SSO, Federated Directories, Cloud Services, MuleSoft
- Experience with any following technologies: Python, Powershell, Bash, Ruby, Chef, Puppet, CFEngine, Docker, Kubernetes
- Demonstrated professional growth throughout career.