Workers' Compensation Claims Supervisor
- Career Level
- Not Specified
We are currently seeking a Claim Supervisor to join our Workers Compensation team in our Plymouth, MN or Denver, CO office. This position will be responsible for the supervision of Workers' Compensation claim representatives, both inside and/or outside to ensure appropriate claim handling and outcomes. Develops plans, analyzes results and oversees daily work of Workers' Compensation adjusters. Reviews and provides technical direction or recommendations on claims of various complexity and exposure. Monitors claim quality, customer feedback and claim reports to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, customer satisfaction and achievement of objectives. May do the work of subordinates as required.
Education and Experience:
- Supervises day-to day activities and priorities of Workers' Compensation claims staff (both internal and outside vendors) including the management of claims assignments and ongoing guidance of specialty claim files.
- Ensures execution of claim handling strategies; including appropriate determination of coverage, liability and damages.
- Monitors reserving activity to ensure compliance with corporate policy.
- Reviews and documents recommendations for claim disposition; including evaluation, negotiation and settlement of claims in excess of staff authority levels.
- Reviews and analyzes claim reports to identify and address trends. Recommends strategies to correct adverse trends.
- Monitors vendors, independent adjusters and appraisers to ensure service quality.
- Manages unit staffing issues; including ensuring appropriateness of staffing levels, creating, implementing and monitoring of performance management activities for direct reports.
- Identifies skill gaps of staff and establishes appropriate training needs. Develops and delivers effective training and cross-training plans.
- Stays abreast of state license requirements for staff and ensures continuing education as required.
- Maintains a strong professional knowledge of regulatory and legal environments and applies this information effectively.
- Anticipates and meets all customer needs (internal and external).
- Expert Workers' Compensation claims technical knowledge, and legal climate background is essential for associated business unit.
- Must be able to supervise a staff, including informal training and formal development of team.
- Must have superior analytical, negotiation, decision making, problem solving, organizational and presentation skills. Must be a proven self-starter with strong mulit-tasking and relationship management skills.
- Must be able to communicate professionally and effectively including expert oral, written and listening skills. Must be able to work both independently and as a member of a team and have the ability to interact with diverse groups of individuals.
- Requires the ability to maintain confidential information. Must be able to work in a fast pace and rapidly changing environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with computer software including Microsoft Office suite and other Claims tracking tools.
- Must maintain strong professional knowledge of industry trends, legislative issues and the marketplace for associated line of business.
- Must be customer service focused.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Workers' Compensation claims experience, with 1-3 years of supervisory experience.