Westfield is a great place to work for many reasons. You could be one of them.
Westfield Services Inc. is a specialty insurance agency and services firm headquartered in Columbus, Ohio. We are wholly owned by Westfield Group in Westfield Center, Ohio, although we operate independently of our parent company.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective. Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Senior Customer Service Representative (CSR) – Personal Lines (PL) Job Summary - Located in Columbus, OH
Salary Range: $41,395 - $47,604 - $53,813
The Senior CSR-PL, working independently, provides agent, marketing, and management support of Personal Lines programs for Specialty Brokerage Services. Support may include: answering questions; providing information, direction, quoting, and/or advice; and other customer service related tasks. The Senior CSR-PL serves as a peer mentor and subject matter expert to less experienced Personal Lines CSRs.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Provides agent, marketing, and management support of Personal Lines programs.
2. Answers agent questions via telephone, email, or other communication systems. Provides information, direction, and advice on Personal Lines products.
3. Provides quality cust omer service to agents in the day-to-day servicing of new/renewal business. This may include the handling of a renewal book as assigned.
4. Communicates Personal Lines products and coverage differences clearly to agents.
5. Provides clerical, quoting and other support to Specialty Brokerage Services employees/producers.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 3 or more years’ Personal Lines experience.
2. Ability to obtain and maintain a valid Property-Casualty Insurance License within 90 days of employment.
3. Proven ability to pre-underwrite and rate personal lines of coverage.
4. Knowledge of the personal lines market including the ability to communicate products and coverages in a clear, concise manner.
5. Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
6. Demonstrated experience with word processing, sprea dsheet, and other standard office automation software packages
7. Demonstrated experience in performing general office support functions.
8. Proven ability to handle confidential information.
9. Proven ability to maintain effective work relationships.
10. Previous brokerage experience is a plus.
11. High School diploma, GED, or commensurate experience.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
* Ability to hear and speak clearly in order to communicate via telephone for majority of the workday.
* Ability to communic ate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to read a standard type document.
* Ability to physically and accurately file.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits, and wellness and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield Services and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Salary Range: US$41395.0 - US$53813.0 per year
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.