Premier Claims Specialist - Inside Property
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Responsible for being the primary claim holder for specific areas within the Claims Department which includes investigating, researching, determining coverage, estimating damage, negotiating settlements and making recommendations on legal and claim coverage issues. Provide exemplary and expeditious claim service to the policyholder and agent of record. This is an inside position that may handle more than one product line in multiple venues, but be based in our Chicago, IL office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Handle assigned claims by determining coverage, identifying damages and resolving claim within a set amount of time
- Provide training and support to others across National General on high net worth claim processes and procedures
- Work collaboratively with leadership and team members to assist in the development of claim best practices and workflows that support a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Represent assigned area by supporting Business Development during prospect and relationship management meetings
- Provide excellent customer service to diverse groups of people (vendors, customers, team members, etc.) by meeting customers needs in a timely manner and managing expectations as needed
- Direct, control and manage the work of vendor partners to ensure their work meets our expectations in regard to quality and expense
- Participate in committees and special projects
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelors Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- Obtain/Maintain appropriate licensing or educational requirements
- Thorough knowledge of claims policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently and remotely as a self-starter
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Skills in research, investigation and problem solving
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Must be customer focused
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Power point)
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- 5 + years of experience in claim adjusting
- Experience in personal claim lines (i.e. high net worth)
- Experience in Multi-line adjusting
- Successful completion of one or more professional designations: (i.e. SCLA, CPCU, AIC, (A) CCP)
- Proficient in Insurance Software Programs (i.e. Estimating Software/Xactimate, Homeowner Line Insurance programs, Claims system software, etc.)
- Ability to be a mentor and/or trainer for others
- Knowledge of one or more of the following areas: Mortgage industry, Residential Construction
- Ability to speak Spanish (Bilingual)
About National General Holdings:
National General Holdings Corp. is headquartered in New York City. National General traces its roots to 1939, has a financial strength rating of A (excellent) from A.M. Best, and provides personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, motorcycle, supplemental health, and other niche insurance products. We are a specialty personal lines insurance holding company. Through our subsidiaries, we provide a variety of insurance products, including personal and commercial automobile, homeowners, umbrella, recreational vehicle, supplemental health, lender-placed and other niche insurance products.
National General is a fast paced, dynamic, and entrepreneurial organization. Our team members live by and exemplify what we call the 4Es. At National General, we are Energized, Engaged, Empowered, and we Execute every day in order to provide an exceptional experience for our customers! We are passionate about our organization and the value that we add every day. A successful candidate with National General will embody the 4Es. Our team is poised to outperform the competition. We are National General Insurance and with us you can be extraordinary! Come join our team!
Companies and Partners
Direct General Auto & Life, Personal Express Insurance, Century-National Insurance, ABC Insurance Agencies, NatGen Preferred, NatGen Premier, Seattle Specialty, National General Lender Services, ARS, RAC Insurance Partners, Mountain Valley Indemnity, New Jersey Skylands, Adirondack Insurance Exchange, VelaPoint, Quotit, HealthCompare, AHCP, NHIC, Healthcare Solutions Team, North Star Marketing, Euro Accident.
In addition to a phenomenal career opportunity, National General Insurance offers an excellent benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Vision benefits
Life and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
401k w/ Company Match
Company Paid Holidays & Generous Time-off policy
Employee Discount Program
Career Advancement and Development Opportunities
On-site Healthcare Clinic (Winston-Salem and Cleveland offices)
On-site Fitness Center (Cleveland and Dallas offices)
Subsidized parking (Cleveland office)
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.