Company Value Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties, all employees are expected to demonstrate the following:
- Create an environment at Bankers using the best tools and processes that will give our customers the ability to engage us in the manner of their choosing, and allow us to quickly and effectively meet their needs while providing an exceptional customer experience.
- Acting with the highest level of honesty, trust, character and transparency.
- Making a unified effort to achieve the goals of the organization; embracing accountability for exceptional performance every day.
- Commitment to excellence in reaching our full potential as individuals and as an organization, surpassing the ordinary and the expectations of our stakeholders.
- Approaching every challenge with creative energy, discovering unique solutions to maximize success; focus on creating and delivering compelling customer value.
- Belief in the power of a diverse workforce and in creating a positive impact on both the environment and our community.
Responsible for the product planning, execution, and overall profitability throughout the product lifecycle, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with sales, marketing, underwriting and client services to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met. Create a positive environment that encourages participation, positivity, collaboration, engagement, excitement, and fun.
- 55% defines the product strategy/roadmap for assigned insurance and service program products and communicates the strategy/roadmap to the organization.
- Responsible for overall product performance relative to established growth, profit and return on equity targets, as well as presentation to senior management on key indicators, metrics, and drivers in the attainment of business goals.
- Responsible for creating revenue projections, income statement analysis, and management reports monthly that analyze performance
- Acts as a knowledge expert within the company on industry trends related to assigned products and educates the organization on best practices in the market, making recommendations on product design, price and development efforts.
- Collaborate and interact with reinsurance broker for product line.
- Works with Actuarial Department to ensure rate adequacy for product.
- Directs and develops the underwriting (staff underwriting) of all insurance products including coverage, rates, and state filings and for assigned insurance and service program products. Creates rate filings and external rate indications.
- Works with Claims to identify loss trends
- 35% Develops effective training programs and educates and equips the sales force, agency manager and client services on product features, benefits and competitive products.
- Helps establish and maintain consistent corporate image throughout product lines, vendor management, promotional materials, and events.
- Helps Sales Team to define effective distribution channels/Agent Management.
- Works with IT to enhance our products/agent experience.
- 10% Adheres to the industry regulatory and compliance guidelines in all actions.
Direct or indirect supervision of Product Analysts and Interns.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full-time, weekdays. However, overtime and weekends are also necessary in some instances.
20% expected travel.
Required Education and Experience
Indicate required education, professional certification and experience based on requirements that are job-related and consistent with business necessity.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent with a minimum of five to seven years of business or analytical experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General understanding and/or demonstrated ability to effectively manage all phases of insurance product portfolio.
- Aptitude and/or utilization of analytics and business intelligence of competitive products.
- Ability to train internal and external stakeholders on key product benefits and features.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products.
- The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented, highly competitive environment.
- Strong presentation, organizational, interpersonal communication, and analytical skills required
Preferred Education and Experience
- Knowledge of the insurance industry is a plus.
- Insurance designations such as AU, CPCU, etc.