Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Under limited supervision, performs expert programing, configuring, and/or analysis for impactful and visible projects. Manages the effective use of line of business resources for implementation of ongoing projects, enhancements, initiatives and/or problem resolution. Acts as subject matter expert across multiple applications, systems and technologies, leveraging technical and business knowledge to drive the planning and execution of complex initiatives. Participates in the design/ development process. Provides technical leadership on complex projects. Leads investigation and resolution efforts for critical, high impact problems and incidents. This job is a technical lead. This job does not lead others.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide Application Design and some Solution Architecture, including conceptual design, blueprint & technical design services, project team leadership, governance & quality assurance
- Development of architectural positions, proofs of concept, patterns, reference architectures and other architectural standards of reference for decision guidance
- Assists in the development of high level estimates and cost/benefit analysis
- Ensures the overall integrity, affordability and viability of solutions.
- Highlight areas of high complexity, and offer the business options to reduce complexity and increase efficiencies.
- Document high-level design using appropriate design artifacts. Communicate high-level design to technical leads and development team.
- Review low-level design and code produced by development team to insure adherence to design, as well as coding standards. Responsible for managing results from static-code analysis for the project.
- Maintain vision/strategy for evolving applications over time in the design roadmap. Communicate to stakeholders and agile teams.
- Define, communicate, and help train agile teams on application standards (coding standards, technology choices), best practices, and appropriate tools.
- Ensure application designs meet well-documented, clear SLA and requirements goals (ex. performance, scalability, availability).
- Conduct design retrospectives after major milestones and increment completion. Update design roadmap and application standards as necessary based on the retrospective results.
- Provide technical expertise and coaching to team members.
- Ensures the appropriate use of existing technology assets, shared resources and common utilities to achieve maximum reuse and interoperability.
- Institutionalizes architectural knowledge (such as reference architectures, patterns and reusable components).
- Works with other application and technical architects to determine opportunities to utilize existing assets, products, and intellectual capital where appropriate
- Develop ongoing knowledge of current and emerging technologies. Identify new and emerging solutions, assess relevance and potential value to the organization, and present findings to teammates and management
High School diploma or equivalent required. 5 years of programming/development experience required.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred. 7 years of programming/development experience preferred. Experience as a technical lead preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Experience with object-oriented, enterpise, application design and development.
- Superior written communication, verbal communication, and facilitation skills.
- Experience with Java, Angular, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and Microservices.
- Experience with Oracle databases preferred.
- Experience working in the Scaled Agile Framework prefered
- Knowledge of the property/casualty insurance business preffered.
- Experience in vendor teamwork and working with onshore and offshore partners.
Licensing or Certificates
Depends on the specific role but some examples may include: ITIL Remedy Java certification Microsoft certification.net Kanban/Agile/SAFe
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE