ICW Group Insurance Companies is recognized nationally as an insurance leader in helping policyholders achieve fewer and less costly claims in both Property & Workers' Compensation. We have an exciting opportunity to come as a Premium Accounting Supervisor. Under the Director of Accounting's leadership you will have an opportunity to shine.
You love customer service and being instrumental in your team's success, in fact, they are some of your strongest qualities. Your efforts will result in your team achieving efficiencies, reducing expenses and bad debt. You will have the opportunity to implement automation to improve service to our customers and ensure regulatory requirements are met. If you like team work then collaborating across teams will be one of the first things you do in order to develop an understanding of departmental systems, forms and technology.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Manage basic workflow, processes and transactions of the Premium Accounting department, especially any that overlap.
- Develop, implement and follow up on methods to increase productivity and decrease expenses.
- Assist in the analysis of reports.
- Manage certain reports specific to the department.
- Identify system problems, recommend solutions and follow through until the problem is resolved
- Participate in new system projects and the implementation of new systems.
- Implement policy and procedures to maintain workflow standards.
- Maintain manuals or policies and procedures, contract guidelines and other reference material.
- Identify, research, resolve and follow up on opportunities/problems that may be generated by the reconciliation of accounts.
- Assists with DOI complaints, legal matters, and pending lawsuits with attorneys and work closely on resolving agent bad debt.
You will manage a team which will include:
- Preparing performance and salary evaluations as needed.
- Identify employee issues and resolve appropriately. You will help in developing your teams skills.
- Participate in the recruitment and hiring of staff as needed. Prepare team meetings as necessary and updates the team on any procedural changes.
From an Experience and Education Point of View:
We are looking for an Associate's degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school or equivalent combination of education and experience. Insurance experience is highly preferred but 3 years supervisory experience is required. General Accounting, Collections and underwriting knowledge is also required.
You should be able to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents as well as defining a problem and drawing valid conclusions
Does this Sound Like You? If so, we would love for you to consider us in your next career move!