- Career Level
- Not Specified
Are you looking for an opportunity to manage a team of SIU associates focused on making a difference?
As the SIU Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of a team of SIU associates. Successful SIU Managers effectively lead, manage, and motivate employees to meet production service standards and provide coaching and development to help employees grow and succeed.
We offer a management career path and individual coaching and development in a professional and friendly work environment. We have company-subsidized group benefit plans (including health insurance eligibility on the first day of employment), stock purchase plan, and many additional benefits.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities:
Hire, lead, develop, and mentor a team of associates responsible for investigating and settling property and casualty claims.
- Manage staff of investigators and support personnel in claims offices and remotely.
- Provide expertise and general claims support in reviewing, researching, investigating, negotiating, processing and SIU claims
- Supervise unit activity and ensure satisfactory delivery of claims customer service.
- Assign SIU cases on a daily basis and monitor workloads.
- Analyze and identify trends within the claims data and provide reports as necessary
- Identify processes for improvement and be a part of the solution
- Interpret, implement and enforce Company policies, procedures and fair claim practices.
- Conduct investigation of assigned questionable claims, including recorded interviews, database searches and evaluation of evidence necessary to determine the legitimacy of a claim
- Responsible for maintaining Service Level Agreements (SLAs) within the unit
- Responsible for training all adjusters in the department related to SIU and Fraud
- Prepare and submit periodic activity reports
- Stay current on state/territory regulations and issues, industry activity and trends and may participate in industry trade groups
- Liaison with NICB and State DOI contacts
- Coordinate and control investigations through outside vendors and experts when necessary and appropriate
- Perform other duties as required by management
- Communicate, evaluate, and reinforce productivity standards and performance expectations.
Provide ongoing coaching and direction to associates and support a culture of teamwork, commitment, productivity and superior quality.
- Assist in training processes and procedures and developing employees.
- Participate in establishing/defining short- and long- term goals and plans for the work group.
Ensure complete and sound claim settlements, legal reviews, and investigations when necessary.
- Resolve non-routine and escalated customer calls.
Research and respond to customer complaints, take appropriate action, and ensure follow up communications occur.
- Monitor quality assurance program and conduct monthly call reviews with team members. Identify trends and provide appropriate direction.
Build and maintain effective internal and external working relationships.
- Request information and/or provide updates as needed.
- Meet with clients and/or TPAs as appropriate.
- Handle other duties and projects as requested based on business needs.
- Maintain and increase skills and knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in the claims process in a P&C environment
- Minimum of 2 years of supervisory/management or team lead experience including coaching and developing employees within SIU or Claims.
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Familiarity with the P&C claims process from beginning to end
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment meeting client service standards and production goals
- Detail oriented with a commitment to excellence
- Ability to think creatively and make appropriate decisions