Represented Moderate BI Casualty Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Moderate Represented Casualty Adjuster in Largo, FL!
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for investigating moderately complex claims when an attorney is representing the injured party, which may include: (1) uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) claims involving physical property damage and/or bodily injury in single or multi car accidents; (2) Injury Casualty Soft Tissue (ICST), and represented-moderate claims. The individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention while verifying coverage, investigating and determining liability, reviewing and determining damages, and negotiating and settling moderately complex claims. The individual takes recorded statements, resolves loss of use claims, makes payments to appropriate parties, and negotiates and settles or refers bodily injury issues that cannot be resolved. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual also consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
- Investigate claims: take recorded statements, obtain photos and/or conduct on scene investigations, review medical reports, document claim files and prepare investigation summaries.
- Determine liability, determine damages and negotiate a claim settlement in accordance with business unit best practices.
- Claim may involve litigation, arbitration or mediation requiring coordination with legal counsel.
- Participate in depositions, hearings, trial or arbitration.
- Deliver compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy.
- Research and respond to customer communications.
- You will provide guidance and direction to less experienced employees and provide mentoring and coaching to the team.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, based on prior experience
- Generous Paid Time Off, 401(k) and pension
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Casual work environment
- Wellness incentives
- Tuition reimbursement (starts day 1)
- Volunteer opportunities
- You can view all Allstate benefits @ https://allstategoodlife.com
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies general knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies general knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies general industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies general knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies general knowledge of standardized problem solving and preparation of basic reports for analysis
- Applies general ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies general negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies general conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Ability to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle moderately complex claims
- Provides individual decision making within authority limits
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Prior casualty experience is preferred.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.