AmTrust Financial Services
San Diego, California
Amtrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has a need for several GAP Adjusters. Examines and adjusts Guaranteed Auto Protection (GAP) claims to include coordinating all claims related activities and processing payments of claims to lenders in a call center environment.Responsibilities
- Gathers and assembles pertinent claim information by contacting lenders, auto dealers, borrowers and/or agents and ensuring the completeness and accuracy of documentation for processing.
- Calculates claim proceeds in accordance with the Gap Contract coverage by analyzing and reviewing borrowers loan history, MSRP/NADA valuations and primary carriers coverage documentation.
- Responsible for fielding calls from customers, lienholders, and insurance companies while providing excellent customer service.
- Submits claims calculations and supporting documentation to management for payment approval.
- Requests additional documents to assist in the determination of a claim. .
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Must have at least one (1) year of claims adjusting or related experience in the automotive field (Dealer/Lender).
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Must be able to communicate professionally with customers, co-workers and management.
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must be able to type 40 WPM accurately.
- Must be able to use basic office equipment including a copy machine and fax.
- Administers claims of numerous ancillary products that are financed when a customer purchases a vehicle; primarily Guaranteed Automobile Protection (GAP)
- Starts the claims process and is responsible for recognizing the required documentation that is sent in by a request
- Claims processing and GAP contract support
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.