- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Training Specialists role is to enhance the competencies of individual employees by designing and conducting training programs that will boost employees workplace performance in alliance with companys core values. This role will be responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing curriculum and learning materials, and managing all phases of training interventions.
- Researches, develops and designs professional continuing education courses in various media.
- Maintains and updates existing courses
- Develops training modules for class use (may include on site, virtual classroom, and/or train the trainer sessions).
- Writes course content for new courses as well as edits and updates for existing courses. Courses may include instructor led or online self -paced courses.
- Develops or oversees the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals.
- Prepares and administers quizzes and exams.
- Develops competency models.
- Develops practical application exercises.
- Facilitates and leads training classes using proven training methods and techniques (may include on-site or virtual classroom).
- Directs structured learning experiences and monitor their quality results
- Makes client presentations.
- Acclimates new hires to the business and conduct orientation sessions.
- Creates and maintains external customer orientation
- Maintains library of current resource materials.
- Stays abreast of new training methods and media and competitor training techniques.
- Maintains up to date knowledge and current trends in field.
- Participates in industry or professional organizations.
- Provides on-going mentoring and coaching as needed, for internal staff and external customers
- Participates in post training evaluation surveys of participants and their manager, including analysis of the response data.
- Upholds the Crawford Code of Conduct.
Bachelors degree in Instructional Design, Education, Training, HR or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience Required
M. Ed. in Instructional Design, Education, Training, HR or related field. Preferred
4 years experience in designing training programs in a corporate setting to include new hire orientation.
4 years experience in operating common industry learning management system or other related system (i.e. proprietary LMS)
Position requires some travel.
Proven experience in designing multiple training events in a corporate setting.
Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles.
Proven ability to master the full training cycle.
Adequate knowledge of learning management software
Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
Familiarity with talent management and succession planning.
Ability to conduct cost-benefit analysis and calculate training ROI
Sound decision making and organizational skills
Ability to present complex information to a variant of audiences.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Writing skills needed for production of classroom materials and online course development.
Excellent analytical ability.
Very strong interpersonal skills.
Understanding of applicable systems.
Ability to create an environment conducive to learning.
Proficiency in MS Office and in database software
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.