Claims Adjuster - Property
The Property Claims Adjuster role provides prompt, courteous, and fair claim service on property claims. Will be responsible for investigation of homeowner claims to determine coverage, corresponding with customers over the phone, obtaining important claims information, and negotiating damage settlements. You will be documenting claim activity into our claim system, and following processes that provide fair settlements or claim resolutions, customer satisfaction and excellent cost management.
- Acknowledge claim assignments; confirm policy coverage, direct adjustment of claims
- Interpret policy, make decisions using independent judgment on moderate-to-difficult claims and determine if coverage applies to claims submitted
- Investigate claims to determine validity and verify extent of damage by telephone contact with insureds
- Negotiate settlements and authorize payments within scope of authority, settling claims timely, and in the most cost effective manner
- Investigate and settle advanced, large loss, complex claims promptly and equitably under minimal supervision
- Develops and maintains working relationships with vendors/experts in the insurance industry
- Keeps abreast of claim and related legal principles, tax requirements, as well as underwriting rules and procedures
- Write Declination and Reservation of Rights letter
To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience;
- Minimum Three (3)+ years experience desk adjusting modest to complex claims with increasing responsibilities in a company environment regarding claims in Florida and/or Texas.
- As required by regulatory entities, relevant professional designations and certifications highly desirable. Ability to acquire insurance licenses as required by role. Florida License in good standing is required; and ability to acquire Texas Property & Casualty Insurance Adjuster License within 6 months of hire
- Ensures that all assigned claims are concluded promptly and equitably
- Previous catastrophic claim handling is a plus, but not required
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and organizations skills, including presentation skills
- Strong computer skills i.e. Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, Web based programs
- Experience using Claim systems (i.e. Xactanalysis and AS400 knowledge)
- Ability to understand the long-term and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to manage relationships in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating persistence and problem solving skills
- Interpersonal and leadership skills - servant leadership, collaboration, facilitation, and negotiation skills
- Emotional intelligence - self awareness, confidence, ability to manage conflict, empathy
- Ability to read/write/speak English & Spanish encouraged to apply