Billing Solutions Sr. Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
ARS Billing Solutions oversees all Billing business operations setup, processes, billing functions relating to Wholesale and Retail Billing. It involves the responsibility of ensuring that billing operations are efficient in terms of resources, analysis and processes as needed, and effective in terms of meeting customer and business requirements.
The Billing team is responsible for the process of invoicing ARS Wholesale partners for Roadside services provided. The team is responsible for gathering data from Business Objects billing reports, creating invoices, and then delivering to the Partners. The team is also responsible for post-delivery processes/tasks such as reconciling A/R balances, collecting cash, and internal reporting/ad hoc with RM teams.
The ARS-Billing Solutions-Consultant II is responsible for gathering important company data and translating it into comprehensive, quantified reporting, to be used by departmental managers. This individual takes charge of business contributions to a project and delivers results which help Allstate Roadside Services to be more profitable and translates business data into digestible information that improves team processes.
- Gathers important company data and compiles it into comprehensive, quantified reporting which can be used by departmental managers.
- Develop comprehensive reporting and dashboarding with direction from team leadership.
- Create direct channels of communication to software and application developers that get the job done without managerial interjection.
- Identify business trends utilizing real data, compile analysis reports that are delivered to business and IT management and then follow-up on all results.
- Implement a comprehensive management plan for issue resolution and hold regular stakeholder meetings to keep all interested parties updated on progress.
- Determine and document business processes and user requirements. Catalog best practices and abide by those requirements for future projects.
- Actively advocate, educate, and influence cross-functional teams on principles of subledger accounting and controls
- Conduct periodic intra-department audits of billing team processes and key controls, communicate findings, and work within the team to analyze and close findings
- Bachelors degree in business, accounting or related technical field and 3-5 years of associated work experience or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Practical ERP financial systems experience; SAP FSCD a plus.
- Report writing experience; SQL preferred.
- Practical application ability with Microsoft Office and Visio; MSAccess a plus.
- Detailed analytical abilities.
- Strong experience in user testing and project participation; CAPM preferred.
- Experience working on initiatives simultaneously.
- Proven ability to make a logical or implied connection between facts in order to arrive at a solution.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.