Corporate Responsibility Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Job DescriptionThe Corporate Responsibility Manager is accountable for developing and implementing communication strategies for Allstate Foundation Good Starts Young (Good Starts Young) -- a signature focus area for The Allstate Foundation. Good Starts Youngs intent is to inspire millions of young people to become active global citizens through real-world, service-learning experiences through which they develop social and emotional learning skills. This individual will consistently create and facilitate specific partnership and communication strategies and work with the rest of the Good Starts Young team to accomplish strategic program goals.
- Develop and execute a wide range of social impact and communication strategies to advance the mission and goals of Good Starts Young.
- Benchmark programming against industry leaders to ensure best-in-class strategies are used and results are achieved.
- Provide oversight to the public relations/marketing agency supporting Good Starts Young and offer guidance and feedback on their work to ensure creative campaign elements align with program goals and integrate with other activities.
- Deliver on annual awareness, engagement and social impact goals.
- Ensure programming and communications are compliant with legal requirements for corporate foundations.
- Lead the development and execution of strategic and integrated communication plans in support of Good Starts Young.
- Ensure alignment and consistency between Good Starts Young and broader Allstate corporate responsibility priorities.
- Provide feedback on programmatic communications from across the team to ensure message consistency and integration.
- Track and report communication metrics and results.
Employee, Agency Owner and Officer Engagement
- Support opportunities to increase employee and agency owner awareness of and involvement in Good Starts Young. Ensure integration of internal engagement programs with other campaign elements and messaging.
- Champion programs that support Allstater passions for community involvement (e.g., Helping Hands program. post-CAT disaster relief efforts, etc.), and look for alignment with Good Starts Young priorities.
Measurement and Reporting:
- Develop and measure various strategic outcomes and outputs for the Good Starts Young program.
- Deliver accurate, timely and valid metrics for all internal and external reporting.
Relationship and Partnership Management
- Help find, cultivate and manage partnerships with external groups, including grantees, agencies and other nonprofit and for profit partners.
- Support external relations with key audiences and stakeholders.
- Ensure cross-AOR collaboration and integration across program and campaign elements.
- Deliver exceptional internal and external client services and counsel.
- Help manage annual Good Starts Young campaign budget.
- Actively develop self and comply with all Allstate performance management processes.
- Support the Corporate Relations department's mission and strategies.
- Seek out opportunities to improve processes while minimizing costs.
7 -10 or more years of hands-on experience in marketing, communications and/or social impact program delivery in a corporate or nonprofit (NGO) setting. Bachelors degree in business, marketing or communications is required. Knowledge of youth empowerment programming a plus.
Business Acumen: Understands and can clearly articulate strategic impact of corporate responsibility and strategic philanthropy efforts on the business.
Communication Strategy and Planning: Understands how to develop effective internal and external communication strategies and programs for corporate responsibility and social impact initiatives. Has an expert understanding of and experience running successful integrated campaigns that include earned, owned and social media activity. Leverages organizational awareness and interpersonal communication skills to influence others to engage with and offer support to community initiatives.
Social Media: Consistently and strategically uses social media and other new and integrated communications platforms to holistically integrate off-line and online interactive tactics for the Good Starts Young program.
Executive Communication: Develops communications strategies and drafts messaging for C-suite executives as champions for the Good Starts Young program.
Internal Communication: Plans and implements strategic internal communications for specific Good Starts Young programs.
Media Relations: Understands the role of media relations and assists in planning and implementing media relations strategies for the Good Starts Young program.
Presentation and Verbal Communication: Prepares and delivers presentations incorporating key messages aligned with program goals. Consistently demonstrates effective written and verbal skills, and is an effective presenter.
Project Management: Develops and executes work plans for Good Starts Young programs and initiatives that organize a project into discreet tasks; sequences activities to achieve maximum efficiency; effectively estimates budget and costs; and manages time and budget to achieve goals.
Corporate Responsibility: Leads specific Good Starts Young programs. Looks at issues from multiple perspectives with a sense of fairness and balance, seeing both business and social realities. Draws on optimism and conviction to build and support community involvement programs that are designed to make a difference and inspire and engage others.
Reputation Leadership and Brand Management: Understands the importance of maintaining a strong reputation and brand.
Strategic Thinking: Helps provide strategic solutions to vexing social issues. Thinks strategically and creatively, connecting the dots to find the ideal intersection between community needs and business resources.
Written Communication: Demonstrates the creative and persuasive writing skills need to prepare materials to influence target audience.
Leadership Initiative Uses persistence and drive to help mobilize people around a higher purpose.
Values Oriented Uses persistence and commitment to make a difference and continually improve the value and impact of community involvement programs.
Collaborative Networker Uses empathy and interpersonal understanding to build mutually beneficial relationships and connect and engage diverse groups of people.
Personal Maturity Uses patience and pragmatism to maintain confidence in the face of change and adversity, knowing the organization or cause will benefit from efforts.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.