Commercial Lines Account Manager
Member Insurance Agency is a 46 year old national agency and the largest agency in the country in the retail hardware/building materials segment. We are endorsed by 2 of the largest co-ops in this industry segment. We offer a complete line of commercial insurance products for their business starting with customized property and casualty insurance. Our clients can choose from property, general liability, business auto, workers’ compensation, builders’ risk, flood and many other forms of coverage based on their needs and budget.
We provide a competitive salary and excellent employee benefits including a 401(k) plan.
We are currently seeking an experienced Account Manager.
The Account Manager position requires a person with basic knowledge of property and casualty insurance to work within guidelines and direct supervision in order to achieve the corporate goals relating to growth, profit, renewal retention, service, and producer/insured management. The Account Manager will analyze account specific information (including but not limited to loss information, supplemental applications, loss control reports, etc.) and prepares underwriting worksheets for our Captive underwriters and/or submissions for our brokerage carriers. The Account Manager will coordinate the new business and renewal processes for the producer/insured. This position will be responsible for reviewing submission information and have accountability for the quotation, rate, book and issue processes for policies and endorsements.
The successful candidate will possess a strong insurance background with negotiation skills and relationship management experience.
If you have the following qualifications, we are looking to speak to you!
- Minimum 3 years multi-line commercial insurance experience
- College degree and/or professional insurance designations preferred
- Great communication skills, analytical thinking and the ability to work in an efficient manner to consistently meet deadlines
- Experience in a wholesale insurance environment as well as having a knowledge of underwriting philosophy is a plus
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Attention to detail is critical
- PC proficient: Excel, Word, and Agency Management Systems.
- Ability and willingness to provide great customer service.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career and think you are a top performer - join our dynamic organization!
An equal opportunity employer.