Entry Level Benefits Specialist - Recent College Grads Welcomed!
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Your Chance to Positively Impact The Lives of Others!
Our Benefits Specialist will advise associates at all levels of the company regarding benefits policy and providing oversight for assigned benefits programs including eligibility, enrollment, coverage changes related to Section 125 life events and benefits coverage during a leave of absence or following termination of employment.Responsibilities
General Benefits Administration and Wellness
Works closely with Senior Benefits Specialist to communicate benefit plan coverage provisions, eligibility provisions, Section 125 regulations, special enrollment rights under HIPAA and other necessary processing requirements in order to respond to employee inquiries regarding benefits coverage on a daily basis.
Receives, processes and safeguards benefits enrollment forms.
Verifies data for consistency with eligibility requirements for employees and dependent coverage; contacts employees for additional information as needed.
Verifies validity of Lifestyle Change requests under Section 125 of IRS Code and plan documents; requests and validates required documentation before coverage changes are processed.
Verifies that employees' requests for optional life, personal accident and beneficiary changes are valid; files and maintains documentation.
Reviews daily HR system reports, identifies status changes, address changes and termination events for further processing.
Performs next-day audit of systems input to assure accuracy of processing procedures.
Maintains security and confidentiality of enrollment records.
Reviews Final Benefit Election Forms generated by Lawson, identifies forms for distribution.
Prints and distributes daily confirmation reports for employees not on the Crawford network; prints file copies of confirmation statements that are distributed via Lotus Notes.
Prints new hire election worksheets and prepared new hire packages, then distributes to all eligible new hires. (To include flyers, new hire handbook, general COBRA notice, alert line badge, etc.)
Reviews Final Benefit Election Notices generated by Lawson and sends weekly reminder emails to employees regarding
- Annual and New Hire Enrollment
- Handles follow-up activities at the conclusion of Annual Enrollment. Activities include the distribution of COBRA notices, new dependent audits and annual spousal exclusion audit, reviewing follow-up benefit reports sent from IT, etc.
- Heads COBRA annual enrollment and notice of changes to COBRA vendor.
- Handles all monthly enrollment activities related to the Affordable Care Act, such as: Running monthly look-back reports to determine employee eligibility, creating and distributing ACA offerings to eligible employees, editing ACA enrollment materials as needed (rate sheet, guide, form), manually enrolling employees, etc.
- Heads ACA Annual Enrollment.
- New Hire Enrollment
- Audits bi-weekly error and eligibility reports from benefit partners and communicates discrepancies to vendors to find resolutions.
- Audits benefit elections made in Lawson by new hires
- Analyzes effective dates of coverage and payroll cutoff dates to prepare retroactive premium notices for new and rehires employees.
- Other Projects as Needed
- Requires a high school diploma plus two years of college or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Good organization abilities
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret Plan document provisions and Federal regulations and apply them to coverage questions and issues
- Excellent time management skills
- Previous experience working in a fast paced corporate environment.
Based in Atlanta, Crawford & Company (NYSE: CRD-A and CRD-B) is the worlds largest publicly listed independent provider of claims management solutions to insurance companies and self-insured entities with an expansive global network serving clients in more than 70 countries. The Crawford Solution offers comprehensive, integrated claims services, business process outsourcing and consulting services for major product lines including property and casualty claims management, workers compensation claims and medical management and legal settlement administration. More information is available at www.crawfordandcompany.com.
In addition to a competitive salary, Crawford offers you:
- Career advancement potential locally, nationally and internationally. Crawford & Company has more than 700 locations in 70 countries;
- On-going training opportunities through every stage of your career
- Strong benefits package including matching 401k; health, dental, and life insurance; employee stock purchase plans; tuition reimbursement and so much more.
Crawford & Company participates in E-Verify and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
Crawford & Company is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Crawford via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written Statement of Work in place for this position from Crawford HR/Recruitment will be deemed the sole property of Crawford. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Crawford as a result of the referral or through other means.