Claims Adjuster Trainee- General Liability
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, an A+ rated company, is rapidly expanding our footprint throughout the US. We are currently searching for a P & C Claims Associate Trainee who is interested in working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. If you are focused on technology, are attentive to detail, and provide solid customer service, then our team might be right for you!
When disaster or accident strikes, the P&C Claims Adjuster is there to help determine the cost of damage. You will learn how to do the following:Responsibilities
The P&C Claims Associate Trainee is responsible for conducting office investigations and adjusting commercial general liability and auto claims. The Claims Associate Trainee is also responsible for, but not limited to:
- Investigating losses and identifying coverage issues
- Obtaining and reviewing evidence, reports, and medical records
- Taking statements from insureds, claimants, and witnesses
- Negotiate settlements with claimants and claimants attorneys
- Research state laws and medical terms
- This position requires daily contact with claimants and/or their attorneys, as well as routine contact with insureds and agents
- Looking for candidates that are computer literate with strong Microsoft Office capabilities required. Fluency in Spanish is preferred but not required.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills along with the aptitude to grasp medical and legal terminology.
At Berkshire Hathaway GUARD Insurance Companies, we take great pride in bringing out the best in our employees guiding them along a career track of professional development and success!
Backed by our ultimate parent, Berkshire Hathaway Inc, we are aggressively expanding and enhancing our commercial lines products offerings with the goal of being the premier name for business insurance which creates opportunities for our staff!
Some Highlights of our Benefits are:
- Excellent working hours (Our operating hours are from 8am-4:30pm M-F).
- Generous amount of vacation and sick time. Closed on all major holidays.
- 401K with company match and profit sharing.
- A competitive healthcare package.
- Tuition reimbursement after 6 months of employment.
Be part of Berkshire Hathaway, one of world's most admired companies. We offer opportunities to advance your career!