- Career Level
- Not Specified
We are currently seeking an Account Manager (Business Development Associate) to join our OneBeacon Government Risks (OBGR) team in San Antonio, TX. This position will work closely with the Business Development Managers to maximize opportunities for profitable new business growth by primarily focusing on inside sales initiatives related to the prospecting and acquisition of insurance accounts. Communications with prospective OBGR accounts are high-touch via phone and email. The candidate must have a basic understanding of insurance products in order to qualify leads.
- Maximizes opportunities for profitable new business via inside sales activities. Focuses on sourcing, prospecting and qualifying of new business. Required high-touch customer communications primarily via outbound calls and email.
- Understands customers insurance needs and requirements. Has a thorough understanding of insurance and products in order to match customer needs and requirements with OneBeacon Government Risks offerings.
- Judges business prospects for qualification based on pre-determined criteria. Works in conjunction with business development managers on qualified leads and/or exceptions and aims to bring the sale to closure.
- Proactive and continual follow-up with accounts that have previously engaged with OneBeacon. Researches new accounts, identifies key players in the market and generates interest for OneBeacon Government Risk.
- Develops and maintains the Salesforce database of prospects. Able to research and analyze current sales activity to ensure accurate information maintained in internal systems such as Salesforce.
- Understands and achieves sales goals to ensure overall business unit revenue targets are met.
Stays abreast of industry, territory and insurance trends. May participate in industry events.
Requirements:Must have excellent communication skills. Must be comfortable with daily client interactions and must be able to represent the organization professionally and responsibly. Must show the ability to develop or have proven time management, decision making, problem-solving, listening and organizational skills. Possesses demonstrated technical knowledge and skills, including insurance products and industry. Must be able to work independently and as part of a highly collaborative team. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Experience:Bachelors degree or equivalent experience preferred. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of commercial insurance experience; MGA/MGU or Agency experience a plus; P&C license preferred.