Claim Service Representative - Total Loss
- Career Level
- Not Specified
The Total Loss Claim Service Center Representative position is to adjust first-party and third-party total loss claims to conclusion. This position is also responsible for the handling of the salvage vehicle through sale and recovery of funds, as well as performs other duties as required or assigned by the Claims Service Center Management team. The primary functions of this position include; the prompt evaluation and negotiations of fair and equitable total loss settlements; timely contact and interaction with clients on agreed options and condition of vehicle; the Investigation into the nature and extent of damage, including preexisting damages and any other information needed to assess accurate values; preparation of necessary correspondence to clients, lienholders and legal representatives; negotiation and settlement of total loss claims. Must maintain a solid working knowledge of auto finance and/or lease agreements, demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills, have strong mathematical abilities and interpersonal skills to effectively negotiate settlements with vehicle owners, lienholders and salvage dealers
- Answers claim-type specific inbound calls, takes sufficient detailed information and answers questions regarding CIG policies and claim-processing procedures
- Investigates assigned claims to determine coverage and provide benefits to insureds, according to Company Guidelines and DOI Regulations. Gathers facts by reviewing policy declarations, using manuals and sample policy forms, obtaining reports from vendors, public authorities, conducting telephone interview as needed of parties involved, and reviewing other pertinent records and documents. Identifies questionable or inconsistent information. Submits concerns or request for outside investigation to the Claim Service Center Manager or Supervisor.
- Adjusts or denies claims within the scope of the companys contractual and legal obligations, communicating those decisions to insureds, claimants and their agents as necessary. Negotiates offers, considering the deductible amounts, depreciation, policy limits, etc. Obtains and reviews reports from vendors, and issues all payments promptly upon receipt of sufficient documentation to enhance customer service.
- Enters and retrieves online data. Logs data and makes adjustments to new and existing claims by utilizing the computerized claim system. Documents claim files accurately and thoroughly while maintaining an effective diary to ensure timely follow-up. Composes complete and accurate reports, correspondence and documentation to track and report the status of individual claims in compliance with DOI Regulations. Tracks claim status and documents claim payments and expenses. Identifies candidates for subrogation, referring the file to the Subrogation Representative. Handles salvage in accordance with Company Guidelines.
- Logs and process all drafts into the computer database in a timely and accurately according to company procedures and policies prior to release. Processes drafts according to company policy and procedures included within incumbents settlement authority.
- Communicates orally, in writing, and face-to-face as needed with Home Office, insureds, agents, experts and others associated with individual claims. Communicates with Underwriting and Loss Control when deficiencies involving the insured risk are noted. Determines when additional resources are needed beyond the scope of the incumbents position or individual abilities, communicating those needs to the Claim Service Supervisor or Manager.
- Reviews and evaluates files for subrogation, checks for completeness and accuracy of documented evidence as to the amount of damage and liability, when applicable. Refers to supervisor or manager if outside assistance is necessary
- Corresponds with salvage vendors or others in the collection of Salvage proceeds. Processes receipts to ensure financial accuracy with timely processing, maintaining collection records on a per-case basis. Processes payments as needed.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written, within the English language
- Superior customer service techniques
- Basic computer knowledge of WINDOWS Operating Systems
- Demonstrate good analytical skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, using a telephone
- Understand and explain insurance contracts to customers
- Effectively exchange ideas and information through oral and written communications
- Readily learn and assimilate changes in company policies and procedures
- Establish effective work relationships in order to accomplish work responsibilities and objectives
- Plan, organize, and prioritize work under the pressure of critical deadlines
Education and Experience
Equivalent to completion of two years of college (or equivalent experience) and one year of claim-adjusting support or customer service related experience.
- Competitive Compensation
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Career Growth
- Life Insurance
- Established and well respected company
CIGs main office is located in beautiful Monterey, CA.
- Learn more about us by visiting ciginsurance.com.
- Learn more about our benefits here.
Capital Insurance Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. EEO/M/F/V/H