Vice President, Sales
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Under direction of the Alternative Risk Solutions Managing VP Sales, the Vice President of Sales will generate leads, conduct sales calls, assist in the preparation of proposals and make formal presentations to potential self-insured groups and alternative risk clients in an assigned geographic area.
- Develops strategic sales business plans and procedures for designated territory and assigned targets
- Develops plans to meet client service standards and reporting needs
- Populates all sales activity into CRM system (Salesforce)
- Coordinates post sale activities by facilitating the transition and implementation process of new customers
- Facilitates cross marketing strategies with other company entities and strategic partners as well as manages product and process improvements that are related to the strategy
- Coordinates RFP activity from proposal development to close of sale
- Remains current and aware of market trends, competitive practices and customer needs
- Represents York at conferences and seminars
Ideal Experience and Critical Competencies
- Industry Experience. Multiple years of demonstrated success working with Alternative Risk and complex risk financing arrangements. This person will have had progressively more responsible positions and strongly developed business skills.
- Captive Development. The ideal person should have experience in partnering with prospects in developing new captive programs and will have existing relationships with program administrators, specialty program carriers, reinsurance brokers and carriers, retail agencies and brokers, captive managers and other stakeholder of alternative risk financing mechanisms.. Carrier captive underwriting background is a major plus.
- Risk Management / Risk Assessment Skills: The position requires the ability to assess prospective programs from an underwriting and risk management standpoint. York takes risk in various programs and this position requires the ability to prequalify such prospects. The development of new start up programs also requires the development of business plans and submissions to insurance marketplace. Risk management and underwriting skills are also needed for creative risk financing and risk management applications for such programs.
- Growth Track Record. Someone who places high value on growing the top line of a business while having a strong view for managing the bottom line at the same time.