Brown & Brown is an independent insurance intermediary that through its licensed subsidiaries provides a variety of insurance products and services to corporate, public entity, institutional, trade, professional, association and individual clients. Headquartered in Daytona Beach, Florida, offices are located across the United States, with products and services offered through four major business divisions. We are listed on the NYSE as BRO. Our corporate culture is built on vision, speed, agility and strength that allows us to thrive in the very competitive insurance environment. This unique culture has enabled us to quickly chase down new opportunities, adapt our products and services to best meet market demands, and satisfy our many and varied clients. Our drive to be the best has made Brown & Brown one of the largest and most respected independent insurance intermediaries in the nation, with 75 years of continuous service.
Brown & Brown Program Insurance Services, Inc. is seeking a knowledgeable Claims professional to act as the lead adjuster on the programs in which he/she handles claims for the financial institutions group, comprised of large national accounts. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing coverage under professional liability policies, including but not limited to, Securities Broker/Dealer Insurance, Investment Management Insurance, D&O, Financial Institution Professional Liability Insurance and Life Agents Professional Liability Insurance, A&E.
Our team will further rely on you to manage daily litigation and engage in settlement negotiations with outside counsel/claimants and attend mediations. This role requires in-depth knowledge of coverages, types of claims, and problems/solutions on the program. The selected candidate will also act as the troubleshooter for the account and may work remote or onsite.
- Coordinate reports, statistics, results, etc. on the account.
- Participate in general discussions on the account with the underwriting company or sponsoring company.
- Act as chief liaison with Professional Groups at CalSurance in relation to marketing calls, information, and coordination.
- Research applicable coverage for our insureds.
- Document coverage dates, limits and restrictions.
- Identify and resolve any potential coverage questions.
- Draft reservation of rights and coverage denials for review and approval by Coverage Senior Director.
- Secure supporting documentation for assigned claims E&O, e.g.: insured’s file materials and notes, underwriting guidelines, carrier’s investigation package, phone logs, etc.
- Fully investigate facts of underlying loss
- Exercise judgment in applying legal liability to assigned claims
- Assign defense counsel to answer and defend lawsuits when appropriate.
- Monitor and direct defense counsel, independent adjusters and experts.
- Identify claims with potential exposure in excess of authority and advise Claims Supervisor/Team Lead and the underwriting company contact.
- Handle claims within guidelines of the Fair Claims Practices of various states.
- Provide insureds, claimants and sponsoring companies with regular updates on status of file handling.
- Discuss unique and complex files or issues with Claims Supervisor/Team Lead.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years litigation and claims management experience
- 5+ years of adjusting experience or equivalent
- Must be licensed as a Qualified Claims Manager in the State of California and any other states as needed
- Adaptable and assertive
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to assess large exposures
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office Outlook, Word and Excel
- Property & Casualty and Professional Liability experience
- 4 year college degree or equivalent professional liability/claims litigation management experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.
Apply for Claims Adjuster - Financial Institutions - Orange, CA
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly