- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Aviation Maintenance Specialist reports to Director of Aviation and work under the technical supervision of Senior Aircraft Technician & Inspector. The Aviation Maintenance Specialist is responsible for providing technical expertise to maintain company aircraft to the highest standard while providing the highest level of dispatch reliability. The Aviation Maintenance Specialist must have a strong understanding of aircraft systems, avionics systems, turbofan engines, APU systems, and cabin management systems to include airborne internet and satellite based telephony systems. The Aviation Maintenance Specialist will be responsible for, but not limited to, assisting facilitating, leading, and performing scheduled & unscheduled maintenance, aircraft launch & recovery support, aircraft detailing and stocking, ad hoc AOG repair facilitation, aircraft maintenance documentation in accordance with FAA regulation, manufacturers inspection and maintenance programs. The Aviation Maintenance Specialist is a dynamic role that requires an unyielding commitment to the highest level of quality assurance assuring a superlative level of safety and airworthiness.
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, preventative maintenance, inspections, engine run and taxi operations that conform to the standards established by the manufactures, regulations, and industry best practices under the technical supervision of the Senior Aircraft Technician & Inspector.
- Assist in maintaining spare parts inventory to include ordering, shipping, and receiving
- Perform general cleaning of the hangar / shop, aircraft interior and exterior, and restock the aircraft galley as needed
- Facilitate routine maintenance and upkeep of all ground support equipment, hangar, and facilities
- Available to work nights, weekends, holidays, and have the ability to work flexible hours as determined by the flight schedule of a High Reliability Operations environment which operates 24/7/365.
- Provide active participation in the Aviation Departments Safety Management System (SMS) and involvement in obtaining bi-annual certification through IS-BAO (International Standard Business Aircraft Operations).
- Maintain industry relations
- Bachelors Degree Preferred
- FAA Airframe and Power plant (A&P) ratings - Required
- Turbine power plant experience
- Three (3) years of aviation maintenance and avionics experience
- Working knowledge on MS Office, CAMP or other web based systems
- Airmen Certificate a strong plus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.