Risk Control Field Consultant
- Career Level
- Not Specified
We currently have an opening for a Risk Control Field Consultant to join our OneBeacon Government Risk (OBGR) business. This opportunity is located in our Denver, CO office.
Our OBGR team consists of public sector insurance specialists who consistently deliver customized protection and services to target classes to include: cities and towns; counties; non-rail transit; public water districts; sanitation districts; fire districts; emergency response; and other publicly funded districts.
Responsibilities of the Risk Control Consultant:
1. Conducts risk analysis on complex insureds operations, including risk evaluation, loss analyses and coordination of risk control programs. Effectively identifies and analyzes exposures to loss. Quantifies loss frequency and severity potential based upon hazards present, values at risk and basic understanding of terms/conditions of insurance contracts
2. Documents assessment of risk accurately describing account operations and exposures, including risk recommendations for control or elimination of identified loss sources. Provides information to the underwriting department for further risk evaluation and assessment.
3. Provides account service by delivering consultative and technical services within policy parameters. Responds to basic technical inquiries from agents, management and underwriting staff.
4. Understands Risk Control, Underwriting and Claims functions, company positioning within the industry and general industry practices.
5. Develops Risk Control service plans and presents to account management, agents or brokers. May participate in policyholder training.
6. Responsible for assigned workload and balances priorities including production and quality demands. Understands how individual, departmental, and corporate goals relate. Effectively uses RCIS, underwriting systems and company portal.
7. Enhances loss control/industry knowledge through participation in educational programs.
Must have analytical, decision making, problem-solving, organization, and teamwork skills. Must have the ability to communicate effectively in written, verbal and formal presentation formats. Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team. Must be proficient with Microsoft Office suite.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree preferred or equivalent education/experience required. 3 5 years of Risk Control experience preferred. Must be working toward Professional Insurance certifications such as ASP and technical designations to include CSP, ARM or ARMP.