The Automobile Club is looking for a General Service Technician to work in our Fleet
and Battery Service Department in Metairie, LA. This position requires
dependability, good automotive/mechanical skills, good driving record and the ability
to obtain a class E drivers license. Previous car detailing experience helpful.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Wash the exterior of the battery and fleet vehicles on a regular basis
- Use proper cleaning agents for removal of bugs and road tar
- Vacuum, clean and wash down the interior of the vehicles, clean all windows/mirrors
- Spot clean the cloth cover seats, head liner and use protectorant for all vinyl covered surfaces
- Unload the batteries and acid wash and lube all drawers and drawer slides
- Remove the loose equipment and clean / acid wash the battery truck rear cargo area
- Wax and buff the vehicles on a regular basis to maintain desired appearance
- Top off all fluid levels and check tire inflation
- Shuttle vehicles as needed: from fleet garage to vendors
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- Submit supply requests as needed
- Empty garage trash receptacles, sweep, vacuum, mop office and shop area
- Under the direction of the fleet mechanic/supervisor, assist with basic vehicle maintenance.
- Other duties as directed necessary to assist with the efficient and proper operation of fleet services.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE