- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
He or she provides administrative and clerical support to operations, administrative and corporate staff. Assist multiple units/departments with overall clerical support. The duties may also include assignment of specific tasks when necessary. Occasional coverage of other clerical desks and support functions may, at times be required; May also manage the mail and other incoming documentation that comes to the business offices.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Book Keeping
- Run register reports
- Open claims
- Phone coverage
- Data Entry
- Maintain confidentiality of all corporate, personnel and research matters.
- Perform other duties as assigned
JOB SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Management of mail and faxes (sort, deliver, pick-up, mail - Must be able to lift 30-35 lbs. boxes regularly)
- Package delivery and storage for business office; Open/Prep/Index mail
- Prepare items to be shipped/sent
- Operate mail meter machinery to complete daily outgoing mail load
- This position reports to a Supervisor/Manager and/or members of the Senior Staff
- High School diploma required; BA/BS preferred
- 3 to 4 years of equivalent experience
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attentive to details
- Dependabilitythe individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Planning/organizingthe individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality controlthe individual demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness, and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Microsoft Office Suite of applications
- Excellent computer skills
- Basic understanding of different claims related documentation