Support Technician II
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
The Technician II position is responsible for providing level 1 and level 2 technical support of desktop hardware, file servers, software and network activities for the York family of companies. This position assists during the installation; configuration and troubleshooting of desktop hardware and software while assisting users to solve daily operational and technical problems within the corporate networks.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide level 1 and level 2 technical support via on-site or remote telephonic support to the York user community and our clients while displaying a commitment to total end-user satisfaction
- Determining the nature of problems being reported, while demonstrating expert level problem solving and troubleshooting techniques to resolve problems as quickly and efficiently as possible
- Ensure proper attention to internal help desk calls and escalation procedures are maintained while displaying a commitment to total end-user satisfaction
- Following structured procedures for logging and documenting all support calls into the Call Center tracking system is imperative when performing any assistance to users for problem resolution and closure
- Make recommendations regarding upgrades in equipment and/or software to ensure that the systems are running most efficiently
- It is essential for this position to have the ability to work on several issues simultaneously, solve problems independently while seeking input from others within the entire IT department
- Lead effort to document Call Center procedures for current and future processes, workstation & server configurations, printer locations and setup and inventory requirements while insuring that best practices are followed and are kept up-to-date
- Provide on-call and pager support in 24x7 environments to the IT technical support team for internal LAN and external WAN systems.
- Responsibility for installing, imaging, and maintaining Windows 7 and XP operating systems, MS Office, desktop & server hardware, laptops, printers, departmental HUBs and LAN switches.
- Administer the distribution of corporate anti-virus software for all workstations.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience supporting Windows computers; with a complete understanding of network software and hardware, strong troubleshooting skills, very high customer service aptitude and demeanor, with excellent knowledge of networking and printing functions
- Experience with user setup and configuration of small to mid-range phone systems
- 5+ years of desktop and network experience supporting small to mid-size corporate environments
- Microsoft desktop certification is preferred or equivalent experience.
- Good written and oral communication skills, general project management skills, and the ability to work with individuals with varying degrees of technical experience
- Must be customer oriented, self-motivated, committed to performing the best job the first time, sensitive and responsive to end-user satisfaction
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and perform in a customer environment
- The ability to research issues, utilize new technologies in all areas known and unknown to support Yorks family of companies user community.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and expert level knowledge of all internal and external systems
- Must possess excellent communication skills and working knowledge of the following areas: Microsoft Windows Operating Systems (all versions), MS Office applications, workstation & server hardware (desktop, laptops, servers, PDA, modems, etc.), printers and peripherals
- Complete understanding of TCP/IP networks, DNS, WINS services as well as desktop Internet access, Citrix Terminal Server User setup and configuration, system backup, recovery and maintenance experience
- A strong technical background, excellent written and oral communication skills, project management skills, and the ability to work independently as well as within a team environment
- Excellent working knowledge of desktop and server operating systems (Microsoft Windows 2003, Windows 2008, Windows 7 and XP)
- LAN/WAN experience in Microsoft domain environments as well as active directory configuration are a plus
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Creating user accounts and permissions, creating groups
- Access membership
- User configuration rights
- Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012
- Microsoft System Administration Certificate a plus