Coordinator, Claim Intake
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
This position is an entry-level position responsible for the execution and continued quality when receiving all incoming calls. Professionally and efficiently, receive incoming referrals, obtain pertinent information and schedule claimants for diagnostic procedures approved by clients in a manner keeping with our companys reputation an turnaround expectations. This position provides a variety of administrative functions, such as filing, answering telephones, data entry, facsimile processing, and facilitation of the workflow in the office.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide professional, courteous call coverage at all times
- Efficiently manage scheduling process for each referral from beginning to end adhering to state guidelines and internal turnaround times.
- Communicate effectively to support a team management effort that strongly fosters dependability and strong communication.
- Continually gain knowledge in the area of diagnostic procedures and codes.
- Attend regular meetings to discuss issues and find solutions to ensure that the highest level of services are provided to the customer
- Compliance with Healthcare Policies & Procedures
- Initiate and maintain a good rapport with internal and external customers.
- Perform all aspects of the job in an accurate and highly motivated fashion.
- Consistently achieve or exceed established performance and results standards for the essential functions and responsibilities of the position.
- Prioritize and organize assigned work.
- Communicate to management any workflow problems, issues or backlog immediately.
- Continually foster a teamwork spirit.
- Maintain a neat working environment.
- Pursue personal and professional development.
- Assist with special projects and assignments as necessary.
- Maintain a professional image of the company, including appearance and attitude.
- Perform other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and/or department head.
- Receives incoming calls, gives information regarding status of preauthorization requests and general information.
- Takes preauthorization requests via telephone or facsimile and enters demographic information into the computer.
- Writes, types, or enters data into the computer system and prepares and prints correspondence, reports, and other items.
- Requests compensability information from the adjustors via telephone or electronic mail
- Operates routine office equipment, such as personal computer, copier, and facsimile machine
- Becomes proficient in the software used in the department
- Contributes to the success of the company and its posture toward customer service by understanding and responding to our client's needs
- The Claim Intake Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- High School Diploma
- 1-2 years professional experience
- 12 years data entry experience
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to view computer monitor for extended periods of time
- Strong typing and data entry skills including effective use of a computer mouse
- Concrete communication skills: effective and accurate, direct, written and verbal form
- Strong organizational skills which support timely and well documented action
- Excellent customer service skills; past customer service experience preferred
- The ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced environment is essential
- Computer literacy, along with a working knowledge of general office equipment and procedures is required
- Typing proficiency is also required, a minimum speed of 40 WPM being preferred.
- Keyboard typing and dialing of telephones require hand dexterity and the repetitive use of finger movement; due to the nature of certain work duties, sitting in a sustained position for prolonged periods of time is required; vision must be adequate to view computer screen.
- Physical mobility is also a requirement due to the nature of certain position duties.
- Must be able to take direction and correction
- Customer service oriented internal staff and external clients
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, excel and windows based products
- Basic knowledge of managed care and medical terminology a plus
- Must have a strong desire for professional growth
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment