Business Intelligence Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies 2017" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
The Manager of Business Intelligence will direct day to day operations of the Business Intelligence group, which involves all aspects of data design, development and support for imports and exports. The Manager of BI will develop and implement a process to identify management's intelligence needs; gather the related information; analyze the relevant information; provide timely reports to be acted upon based on the analyses; and implement the recommendations of intelligence reporting and management. The role is responsible for outlining short and long term development goals with resource planning and supervising project teams organized to identify, gather, and analyze the company's intelligence needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify intelligence needs of each department through one-to-one communications of key employees;
- Research and analyze areas of interest to the company which will allow the company to gain a competitive advantage.
- Monitor fields of interest to the company, such as technology in the political/legal frameworks.
- Monitor internal and external environments for development of new business processes.
- Gather information for project-related research; analyze that information; and produce reports based on the analyses.
- Participate in management meetings related to intelligence reporting.
- Implement the recommendations of intelligence reporting and management.
- Prioritize, plan, and track project progress.
- Attend educational, and sales & marketing events provided by industry participants.
- Provide related intelligence reporting to the company.
- Maintain communications with direct contacts used for ongoing monitoring of the external environment and project-related research
- BS / BA or Equivalent Work Experience
- A degree in computer science, mathematics, operations, management, or a related field
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a directly related area, during which both professional and management capabilities have been clearly demonstrated.
- Extensive experience interacting with all levels of executives.
- General business skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience managing large [global] complex BI projects and teams.
- Proven ability to complete projects and achieve results in an ambiguous work environment.
- Proven strong leadership skills within the project team and in the business community.
- Proven ability to establish and articulate a vision, set goals, develops and execute strategies, and track and measure results.
- Proven ability to build and motivate a team to achieve well communicated expectations.
- Proven strong negotiating and consensus building abilities.
- Proven skills to work effectively across internal functional areas in ambiguous situations.
- Technical skills:
- Experience with SQL Server
- Extensive expertise in data modeling, both logical and physical.
- Experience in and understanding of a wide variety of analytical processes (governance, measurement, etc.).
- A solid understanding of key BI trends.
- Develop an understanding of each department's role within the company; maintain an advanced knowledge of their needs in the high-tech industry to remain competitive.
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of trends affecting the industry in all relevant areas including political and legal.
- Demonstrate highly developed leadership and communication skills, both written and oral.