Senior Manager, Data Science & Architecture
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
PSIDs Technical Product Management team members serve as the technology product visionaries for new data driven business opportunities while driving the execution of that vision all the way from definition of the product to delivering them. These initiatives are typically backed by a new breakthrough technology. The team also has a shared ownership (with other PSID teams) of strategic projects that are built in partnership with teams across Allstate Enterprise as well as with external companies and academic institutions. PSIDs Technical Product Managers serve as owners of innovative products through most of their life cycle- Discovery, production grade build out, Go-to-market strategy and Launch.
Position Description/Job Summary:
The ideal candidate for Senior Manager, Data Science & Architecture serves as one of the key leaders of PSID initiatives and typical emerge as future leaders of Innovation team. They play a lead role in driving the cross-functional teams at the intersection of development, design, and business strategy functions towards realizing MVP goals and in some cases, beyond that. These efforts may include strategic technologies/partner identification and due diligence, market research, discovery, technology roadmap definition, and eventual commercialization. Senior TPMs (Data Analytics) are expected to work closely with Exec team members as well as with world class talent - Data Scientists, Engineers and Strategists, while taking ownership of the products data landscape.
- Manages or oversees Discovery and Framing sessions (workshop facilitation) to help derive data workflows, surface new ideas, and help create a better understanding of the problem at hand.
- Be comfortable with deploying new data pipelines and Data analytics tools to process data from millions of customers and diverse data sources.
- Mentors new Product Managers and ensures that they maintain a backlog (part of Agile process) using Jira or similar software to keep the team focused and productive
- Contribute to overall technology strategy and serve as a solutions architect.
- Be comfortable in explaining complex technical concepts in a simplified manner to our internal and external stakeholders on different levels of organization.
- Be able to educate and mentor developers in the techniques and best-practices required to build highly-scalable, performant analytics pipelines
- Be fluent in making presentations for both internal (department meetings, etc.,) and external forums ( tech or industry conferences)
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics or other technical field
- 5+ years of overall software Dev experience (Python, Java, C++, preferable) or as an architect.
- Past experience as Solutions Architect and/or Data Scientist is a big plus
- Proven experience in developing at scale analytics and machine learning solutions for production environments with large amounts of data
- Sound understanding of modeling techniques and algorithms.
- Solid knowledge of a variety of data science tools (MatLab, H2O.ai, for example) and an understanding about when to optimally deploy which tool/application
- Past actuarial or insurance pricing modeling experience is a huge plus.
- Practical experience in the data engineering involved in developing a new data pipeline is a must
- Experience with various Apache stream-processing projects essential Kafka, Flink, Spark
- Experience with handling cloud infrastructure deployments is a plus, but necessary
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.