Inside Auto Total Loss / Theft Adjuster
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for an Inside Auto Total Loss / Theft Adjuster in Columbia, MD!
This is an Auto Theft / Total Loss adjuster position. Reviewing candidates between CL1 - CL3 pay band, and location can be in Clarksburg, MD until November 2018!
Combine your skills of working with people and investigation!
Under general supervision, this job is responsible for investigating, negotiating and settling basic and occasionally moderately complex theft claims. This individual is responsible for interviewing involved parties, delivering compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention, and maintaining customer satisfaction during the entire claim process. The individual is capable of working independently, prioritizing the individual's own responsibilities, and managing the individual's own workload. The individual is also gaining experience and consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality, and/or customer service goals.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
File Documentation and Reporting
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
Coverage, Liability and Evaluation
- Investigates, reviews, determines, and verifies coverage/policy information
- Provides basic and occasionally moderately complex coverage explanation to customer
Claim Payment Processes - Issuance and Authority
- Processes claims payments
- Initiates system generated checks, and pays appropriate parties
- Evaluates and validates basic and occasionally moderately complex total loss estimate
- Prepares total loss damage evaluation, determination, and actual cash value of vehicle
- Researches valuation of salvage; processes salvage titles, and monitors salvage recoveries
- Conditions total loss of vehicle and provides report to customer
Negotiation and Settlement Guidance
- Negotiates and settles basic and occasionally moderately complex claims in accordance with business unit best practices
- Processes titles, including documentation, maintaining logs and contacting banks/lien holders
- Communicates partial or total denials for basic and occasionally moderately complex claims
Other Projects and Responsibilities
- May serve on a committee or project as appropriate
- May participate in one or more basic or occasionally moderately complex special assignments
- High School/GED &/or Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience investigating evaluating, negotiating and setting moderately complex auto claims strongly preferred
- Prior knowledge with an auto estimating software, CCC Pathways, Audatex, Mitchell, etc preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a passion for helping others.
- Strong organizational and computer skills.
- Persistence and the ability to work through and solve problems.
- Bilingual candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.