BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer’s future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Business Systems Analyst 3 Job Summary
Salary Range: 78,042 - 89,749 - 101,455
A Business Systems Analyst 3 (BSA 3) serves as a liaison between the business client and IT in order to develop solu tions that meet a business need. A BSA 3 works on solutions that are typically medium to high risk and high complexity. A BSA 3 elicits and maintains business requirements, translates business requirements into system requirements, and manages clarifications between business and technical teams.
The BSA 3 uses standard and advanced processes to anticipate, document and mitigate discipline risks, issues and assumptions. The BSA 3 delivers medium to high risk and highly complex projects and releases and leads less experienced BSAs in these activities on low to medium risk and low to medium complexity projects and releases. The BSA 3 role is focused on developing the following skill set: formalized leadership skills including human capital skills (e.g. workforce planning, recruiting, interviewing, hiring, performance management) and project management skills (e.g. budgeting, planning, forecasting, influencing). The BSA 3 will be responsible for coaching and mentoring less e xperienced BSAs.
The BSA 3 actively contributes to business planning, strategic planning, business needs assessments, financial analysis activities, business case creation and technology planning as necessary.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Serves as a liaison between the business client and IT in order to develop solutions that meet a business need typically medium to high risk and high complexity.
2. Maintains and manages requirements within requirements management tool and related System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) artifacts.
3. Contributes and adheres to SDLC and IT Service Management (ITSM) processes.
4. Ensures requirement discipline artifacts can be effectively leveraged by other SDLC disciplines including leading initiatives to develop new, or improve existing artifacts as needed.
5. Leads requirements review sessions w ith business and IT.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 5 years or more of experience in business or systems analysis.
2. Previous experience developing solutions and delivering projects of medium risk and complexity - involving more than 10 people, spanning multiple business units, with length of over a year.
3. Previous work experience with the SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle) including source-to-destination data mapping, report requirements, legacy system requirements, business requirements, and/or non-functional requirements.
4. Experience conveying technical information and concepts to a non-technical audience.
5. Proven ability to influence others and drive for results with team members and clients.
6. Demonstrated skilled level of requirements development, engineering or management knowledge..
7. Proven ability to cons istently handle multiple work streams at the same time, organize work, prioritize and meet deadlines.
8. Proven ability to analyze and solve problems.
9. Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and highly technical team environment.
10. Proven ability to learn quickly.
11. Demonstrated property/casualty (P/C) insurance or product specific knowledge.
12. Bachelor’s degree OR commensurate experience.
13. Valid driver’s license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of tim e).
* Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
* Ability to respond to emergency service calls at any time outside of normally assigned work hours.
* Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at http://www.westfieldinsurance.com/
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.
Salary Range: US$78042.0 - US$101455.0 per year
Westfield is a great place to work and grow in your career. Our success depends upon the people we employ…individuals who embrace a winning vision of sharing knowledge, building trust and providing support for the team
Westfield provides a broad portfolio of insurance and financial services backed by knowledgeable employees and a network of more than 1,000 professional independent insurance agencies. Westfield operates in 21 states for property and casualty insurance and 31 states for surety. Westfield is one of the nation’s Top 50 Property & Casualty insurance companies, one of the top writers of farm insurance in the country, and the largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio.