By joining GAINSCO, you will become part of a dynamic and growing organization that has been recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in Dallas and Miami. In 2015, the GAINSCO Dallas home office was one of only 150 companies in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area to be recognized by the Dallas Morning News as a Top Workplace 2015. The Miami office was also recognized as one of the Top 35 Workplaces in its size category.
Our culture attracts engaged individuals who have a desire to contribute and succeed. Our culture encourages individuals to grow their skills as they build their careers. Come join us and become a champion with GAINSCO.
The Assistant Product Manager will assist in driving the successful development of new products and the effective management and enhancement of existing products by making recommendations regarding product design, pricing, underwriting, agency management, distribution, claims, and other processes.
This position is based in the Dallas office (no remote/telecommute option available). Relocation assistance may be offered as part of the compensation package.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure overall goals for production and underwriting profitability are met by analyzing premium rates, loss experience, and retention.
- In conjunction with corporate and regional marketing departments, develop state profit and growth strategies and translate business ideas and market opportunities into new product ideas by researching and maintaining awareness of all major competitors current market positions (i.e. rates, service levels, financial positions and operating strategies), business directions, financial dynamics, and new technologies.
- Ensure regulatory compliance by researching and maintaining awareness of existing state and federal statutes, as well as new legislation; includes state filings, licensing, consumer complaint resolution, assessments; market conduct examinations, audits, and DMV report.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of all state filings (including rates, forms, and underwriting guidelines) in order to obtain approval from the Department of Insurance by working with regional product managers and actuarial staff to respond to the Department of Insurance for filings and other interactions.
- Identify key levers and priorities for large amounts of information by applying critical thinking skills to the analysis of internal and external data.
- Communicate and coordinate key profit metrics by coordinating with the IT department to ensure proper implementation of rate revisions, new products, new product features, and other initiatives; develop working relationships with Accounting, Actuarial, Claims, Customer Service and IT.
- Provide guidance to the regional product managers and actuarial analysts, helping to further their professional development by serving as a consultant (within the department and with other departments) on matters related to product management.
- Bachelors degree, with preference given to Actuarial Science, Finance, Statistics, Mathematics, Business or a related field of study
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA
- 4 or more years of experience as a Product Analyst or Sr Product Analyst with personal auto insurance ratemaking methodologies and pricing techniques
- Strong computer skills including the ability to manage and manipulate data in Excel and programming knowledge such as SAS and SQL
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills used to make critical decisions regarding the Product
- Experience working with Product and Marketing departments for new state implementation; research and development of business requirements
- Experience working independently and with others in a team environment
- Preferably four or more passed actuarial exams
Compensation: Competitive salary based on experience. Excellent benefits package: medical, dental, vision insurance, life insurance, short term and long term disability insurance, 401K, paid vacation and holidays.
GAINSCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
About Gainsco Auto Insurance
GAINSCO Auto Insurance markets non-standard private passenger automobile products through retail agencies, in Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Virginia. GAINSCO Auto Insurance has fully integrated insurance capabilities, including marketing, underwriting, customer service and claims handling. Our operations are bilingual (English/Spanish). If you are looking for a strong stable company with a fast paced environment this is the place for you. At GAINSCO Auto Insurance we take pride in our employees and recognize the importance of strengthening and expanding their skills so they can grow as we grow. We offer an excellent benefits package to our full time employees, which include: Paid Vacation and Holidays; Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance; Short Term Disability and Long Term Disability; Life and AD&D Insurance; 401k Retirement Savings Plan.