AmTrust Financial Services
Williamsville, New York
The Underwriting Support Technician I handles several aspects of policy processing and issuance which include new business and/or renewal preparation, quoting and issuance; endorsement processing; cancellations; and/or all other policy processing associated tasks in accordance with authority level and company guidelines. Products contained within CPP Operations are listed below. These may include a variety of states. This position may have contact with field offices and agents to compile information and communicate to the status of various accounts.
Products within CPP Operations include but is not limited to: ASP, ASPP, BOP, CONPKG, CONGL, CPP, CPPCA, E&S, LUM, MOTCAR, UMB, UMBR.Responsibilities
- Processes and prepares endorsements, non-renewals notices, or cancellations and other associated tasks as required and within letter of authority, and/or;
- Prepares renewals policies for underwriter review and pricing, and/or;
- Completes processing of renewals within letter of authority and premium guidelines and/or;
- Supports underwriting in the entry and processing of quotes and new business, and/or;
- Completes issuance of new business, including Bind On Line.
- May perform Clearance on new business submissions.
- May coordinate and manage requests for Auto ID Cards.
- May assist with and provide training to other employees on company products, processing and systems.
- Communicates in writing and by phone with agents and field office staff to gather information for risk development.
- Promotes goodwill for the company with all customer contact.
- Meets or exceeds established Company service standards.
- Achieves and maintains a 95%, or above, Productivity levels.
- Achieves and maintains a 97%, or above, level of Quality.
- Performs projects and other duties, as assigned.
- Underwriting: Limited to that on the Endorsement Triage By-Pass
- Processing Systems: ANA and CPP Rating
- Resource Systems: Oden, Polk, Silverplume, Reference Connect, Pro-Metrix, Lexis Nexis, ISO 360, and any other company authorized resource systems.
- Decisions: Must follow department established procedures.
- Must be able to accurately enter information in a windows-based environment.
- Knowledgeable of Microsoft Office Applications and ability to learn new software programs.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to follow underwriting direction.
- Well organized and possess good follow through.
- Must be customer service focused.
- Possess a strong math aptitude.
- High school diploma, or GED equivalent.
- Commercial policy rating experience, multi-state exposure, preferred.
- Commercial Lines Forms and Coverage knowledge of multiple lines of business, preferred.
May be required to work overtime as defined by the needs of the department.
The job may require travel, but no more than 5%.
Required use of hands and arms to perform repetitive motions.
None. This position is not responsible for supervising any staff positions.
Advancement to an Underwriting Support Technician II requires the employee to achieve the following:
- Successful completion of required training for the UST 1 job position.
- Consistently achieves a meets or higher Performance rating.
- Performs at, or above, a 95% productivity level in current job for at least 12 consecutive months.
- Consistently achieves a 97%, or above, level of Quality.
- Have at least 3 years Commercial Lines Insurance experience
- Has solid technical skills and knowledge in at least two (2) Lines of Business and/or two (2) states.
- Must be able to manually rate, where needed; and understand rate development.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas, both in writing and verbally.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with all level of employees, field office, and agents.
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives with minimum supervision.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.