Marketing Designer I
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Fantastic opportunity to leverage your graphic design expertise in a collaborative team environment!
This position is responsible for creative and technical support of visual customer communications including the design, layout and preparation of marketing and advertising collateral in both print and digital media. Assignments are varied; some are non-routine. The following are the key areas of responsibility:
Graphic Design 60%
Develops effective and brand-compliant marketing collateral that supports the objectives of the organization and its customers. Creates and designs layouts for direct mail, point-of-sale, and various other marketing collateral utilizing Adobe Creative Suite software. Applies layout revisions and type corrections. Prepares print files for external production. Reviews all print specifications (color, type, size, paper stock, color separations, etc.) prior to release. Proofs boards, blue lines, color keys and contact sheets of assigned projects for accuracy. Prepares mockups and client presentations.
Web/Digital Design 20%
Designs HTML prototypes and visual interfaces for web-based applications. Generates and manipulates graphic images, animation, sound, text and video into consolidated and seamless multimedia programs.
Strategic Implementation 10%
Works directly with internal clients to ensure marketing objectives are clearly defined and creative strategies are effectively implemented. Communicates job requirements, negotiates deadlines with clients and provides alternative solutions when necessary.
Subject Matter Expert 5%
Resolves questions and problems relating to branding, design, layout and file construction. Demonstrates up-to-date knowledge of the products and their marketing contexts.
Works cooperatively with all areas of Integrated Marketing Communications from concept to completion to ensure effective and on-time delivery of quality creative services. Refers more difficult items to higher levels.
- Bachelors degree majoring in Graphic Design, Web Design or Visual Communications
- Minimum of 2 years design experience working in both print and digital media
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) with the ability to write and translate both English and Spanish
- Strong familiarity with both the company's product lines, as well as, marketing related concepts, practices and procedures.
- Willingness to learn about the insurance industry, Assurants place in the market, our customers, end consumers, various products and services, target audience and competitor activities
Preferred Qualifications include:
- Marketing experience working in a regulated industry such as insurance or banking
- Expert knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
- Functional knowledge of Dreamweaver, Fireworks and Muse
- Proficiency in MS Office suite with emphasis of PowerPoint
- Knowledge of visual branding, graphic design principals and user experience design
- Ability to participate in collaborative project teams and coordinate deliverables/deadlines with clients and consultants throughout all phases of a project
Experience working in a corporate environment