About the team
The product development team is a key part of ClubLabs. We are responsible for delivering prioritized stories that look to maximize value for our members and our business through our digital products. We pair program, all day, every day because we know it delivers remarkable results. We practice test driven development because it produces high-quality, reliable and more maintainable code. We deliver user value, solve problems and ship code multiple times a day to improve our members' experience and maximize value to the organization.
About the position
At ClubLabs, we are seeking people who are entrepreneurial with a good technical skill sets to join us in making an impact and bringing value to our members at Auto Club Enterprises. The user-experience (UX) designer will be responsible for understanding our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
Who are you?
* You love shipping features... but know that well factored code is what lets you keep shipping features in the long run.
* You are team focused. You judge your success by the success of your team.
* You are value focused. You are motivated by creating meaningful user experiences.
* You are humble. You are someone who readily admits what you don't know - you are always looking to get better (and you are really good at getting better).
* You are data guided... but you know data is a starting point (it doesn't tell you everything) and you continue to learn.
What will you do?
* Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
* Facilitate the client's product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
* Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
* Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
* Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
* Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
* Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
Required Skills/ Qualifications:
* 2+ years of related experience in user experience design.
* Advanced understanding of various user testing methods and approaches.
* Experience creating usability tests
* Experience evaluating design
* Experience with copywriting
* Advanced analytical, communication, and presentation skills
* Adobe Creative Cloud
* Sketch, Zeplin, and Adobe XD
* Latest versions of HTML/CSS
* CSS Pre-processors like SASS, LESS
* Origami a plus
ClubLabs is a rapidly growing technology and design shop in Los Angeles. We are the innovation lab for Auto Club Enterprises, also known as AAA - the proving ground for ideas that exceed our members' expectations.
The bedrock principles our team rests upon are:
* Deliver maximum value to our members and our business.
* Solve for the problem, not for office politics.
* Trust through transparency
* Help others - we want 'givers,' not 'takers.'
These principles help us make the biggest impact, remove silos, embrace change, and continuously learn. They're realized every day in how we work: open, lean, innovative, accountable, and fun.
AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Automobile Club of Southern California will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable federal, state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To apply for this position please CLICK HERE