Ascendant Underwriters (Ascendant) is a Florida based licensed MGA specializing in the placement of commercial lines insurance products and program management services with an emphasis on the Hispanic Market. Ascendant’s core operating philosophy focuses on facilitating insurance agents’ business transactions with an emphasis on providing excellence and professionalism in servicing the needs of agents. Ascendant executes its business strategy through state of the art software and technology that maximizes operating efficiency. Ascendant is dedicated to establishing and nurturing long-term relationships with our agent business partners, which differentiates us from other MGA’s. Ascendant focuses on providing training, monitoring performance/ loss ratios and providing incentives for the production growth.
Ascendant is looking for the next generation of industry professionals! If you’re looking for a company that offers stability, great benefits and compensation, with a strong emphasis on our values of integrity, employee relations, and customer service, then apply today to find out how you can become a dynamic part of the Ascendant’s Management Information System’s Team!
Our web programmer is capable of full cycle project including application architecture, design input, site layout/user interface, database design/programming, and .NET development. The right individual for this role will be a motivated and energetic developer who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions to a varying number of challenges, is detail-oriented, and takes extreme pride in their work.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient code by using best software development practices
- Creating site layout/user interface by using standard HTML/CSS practices
- Development of robust and user-friendly .NET-based web applications
- Integrate data from various back-end services and databases with SQL Server T-SQL development
- Creating and maintaining software documentation
- Maintaining, expanding, and scaling existing sites and applications
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations and activities
Our Web Programmer should possess the following skills and qualifications:
- Proven working experience in web programming
- Proficient with responsive website and mobile applications
- Deep functional knowledge or hands on design experience with Web Services (REST and SOAP) is needed to be successful in this position
- Experience developing and testing across multiple browsers, platforms
- A solid understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices.
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems (MSSQL), Object Oriented Programming and web application development
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimization process
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets with business acumen
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques
- Extremely detail oriented, self-motivated and disciplined
- Proficient with the following programming languages and frameworks: Xamarin, SPA
- Bachelor Degree in computer science or a related field
- Experience using Photoshop for image slicing and optimization