Claims Manager - Florida Peninsula Claims Services (FPCS)
- Career Level
Responsible for the supervision and direction of all aspects of Florida Peninsula Claims Services (FPCS) in the handling of homeowner claims for Florida Peninsula Insurance and Edison Insurance Companies. Create and direct workflows and procedures to ensure claims handling is in accordance with Florida Peninsula Insurance/Edison Insurance claims department guidelines and industry standards.
- Manage, supervise, coach and direct FPCS staff members including all aspects of the employment lifecycle; interview, selection, evaluation and performance of team members, in accordance with company guidelines.
- Manage and coordinate independent field and desk adjusters in the handling of claims assigned to FPCS.
- Develop and communicate a strategic vision and set priorities that are aligned with Florida Peninsula Insurance and Edison Insurance claims handling procedures.
- Ensure claims are appropriately investigated in accordance with department guidelines, company policies, and state statutes.
- Motivate and develop team members to provide excellence in claims customer service.
- Oversee individual and team productivity, providing coaching and direction as needed.
- Handle and resolve inquiries and escalated issues involving insureds, their representatives, Agents, vendors, and/or others.
- Direct outside experts (engineers, cause an origin experts, master plumbers, etc.) through field adjusters or directly, as required.
- Prepare claims reporting regarding results achieved and provide information to senior claims management.
- Work closely with Florida Peninsula Insurance/Edison Insurance claims management; participate in claims division meetings, provide claims data, and support the development of partnerships across the organizations.
- Develop strategies and provide suggestions to FPI leadership to improve workflows and enhance productivity and efficiency of the claims handling processes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a CAT response plan for the company.
- Required to work extended hours in the event of a Catastrophe (CAT).
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Florida licensed All-Lines adjuster (520)
- 7+ years of homeowner’s property claim field experience
- 5+ years of management experience required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team of independent adjusters
- Excellent time management, organizational and customer service skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Knowledge and experience working with Xactimate estimating program
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, effectively handle and prioritize multiple projects/task in order to meet deadlines
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills