Claims Learning and Development Intern
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate has an exciting opportunity for a Consultant Learning Developer Intern in Wheeling, IL!
Claims Learning & Development team provides strategic education to the claims business, including field staff, home office staff, and other stakeholders. The team is responsible for the execution of analysis, design, development, implementation, measurement, and coordination of high impact learning solutions.
This job is responsible for the delivery of training material for a specific discipline. The individual will collaborate with co-workers, subject matter experts, and Project Managers on the design/delivery elements for a project, responsible for complete end product delivery; Maintains/archives published training materials/content. The individual provides content support with respect to the Learning Management System (LMS). The individual also delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual works independently, prioritizes the individual's own responsibilities, and manages the individual's own workload. The individual consistently meets, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
Training and Education
Delivery : Presentation delivery, interactive facilitation, planning and preparation
Engagement & Influence: Team collaboration, relationship management, communication
Maintains inventory of training programs and formal training received by personnel
Develops training documentation
Coaches students one-on-one as they work through hands-on exercises
Identifies and recommends complex or advanced content to meet unit needs for training and development to management
Leads or facilitates claim training and non-claims skills (customer service, communication, HR, etc.) through a variety of mediums, including in person, pre-recorded, or via Web meetings
Assesses training participants individual learning and recommends to employee and/or manager action or training needed to help improve understanding
Field and CLD Liaison
Collaborates with the Learning Management System team on training content and participates in LMS design meetings as a subject matter expert on training content and electronic management of content materials
Supports users on how to use the LMS
Makes and maintains a connection with the internal/external customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the internal/external customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
Researches and responds to complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
Reviews customer satisfaction results; participates in determining necessary personal and business unit action plans
- Candidate should be pursuing a degree in education, communication, technology or other related field.
- Candidate should be highly organized, detail oriented, have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Learning & Development Industry Acumen preferred
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Experience in education, communications, and multimedia or other related course work.
- Insurance industry education preferred, but not required.
- Applies broad knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies broad knowledge of problem solving skills and preparation of reports for analysis
- Applies broad ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies broad knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Bilingual candidates are encouraged to apply
- Military candidates are encouraged to apply
The following skills/experiences are required:
- Rising senior-level college student or graduate student
- Course work or experience in Education, Technology and/or Communications
- Additional skills: Project management, relationship management, coaching, excellent written and oral communications, team-work/collaboration, measurement/data analysis
Skills required may be:
- Beginner Communication
- Beginner Project Management
- Proven ability to collaborate across boundaries
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.