- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Compliance Specialist opportunity is a position that works cross functionally within the marketing department and other business units to ensure compliance of solicitation practices. It is not a marketing- specific role.
This role will be part of the Do Not Solicit (DNS) Compliance Team within Marketing / Digital Transformation with the purpose of:
- Ensuring optimum compliance for solicitation programs across the Enterprise by overseeing prevention and detection practices for the following: FTC / FCC Do Not Call (DNC); federal TCPA texting; e-mail practices covered by the FTCs CAN-SPAM Act; FTCs FACTA. Participate in corrective action when needed to mitigate future regulatory exposure.
Specific responsibilities or cross-training roles include:
- Conduct research and analysis to help ensure that Allstates DNC practices remain consistent with federal (FTC and FCC) and state-specific rules.
- Investigate escalated DNC complaints from state attorneys general offices, litigation notices and demand letters; provide comprehensive summaries and responses to Law & Regulation; and provide recommendations to business units where practices may be inconsistent with Rules.
- Support business unit e-mail programs to ensure adherence with the FTC CAN-SPAM Act.
- Assist with texting campaigns (home office / regional) to ensure practices are consistent with FCC/TCPA and state-specific Rules.
- Work across organizational lines to help business units succeed in their respective programs while providing guidance to ensure DNS practices are aligned with DNS Rules and Allstates expectations.
- Act as DNS liaison in meetings with business unit leaders to provide recommendations or help implement corrective action pertaining to DNS compliance issues.
- Monitor business units and third-party vendors to ensure adherence to DNS Rules and Allstates Corporate Policies (text, call, email). Recommend corrective action as needed.
- Assist with FACTA compliance monitoring and reporting.
- Interface with Allstate technology units to help ensure the integrity / accuracy of DNS data as displayed on agency and call center Tools.
- Help oversee Allstates DNC Investigator Mailbox and provide timely responses to Allstates field partners inquiries regarding DNS issues.
- Coordinate federal and state telemarketing registrations and DNC list purchases.
- Manage team relationship with ANI-designated (DNC) staff member.
- Required Experience with DNC issues (FTC Telemarketing Sales Rule & FCC Telephone Consumer Protection Act) and/or call center compliance practices; will consider formal internal audit experience
- Required Research-oriented with exceptional attention to detail and follow-through
- Required Ability to represent DNS Team in business unit meetings throughout the EnterpriseRequired Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Required - Excellent oral and proven written communication skills
- Required Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Required Computer proficiency Word; (Excel and PowerPoint are preferred).
- Preferred Understanding of legal as well as marketing concepts
Undergraduate degree required; Business or related
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.