Intermediate Portfolio Manager
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Investments Public Asset Group is seeking an Intermediate Portfolio Manager to be part of a team that manages all of Allstates investment grade corporate bonds. The IGC team manages over $35B or 40%+ of The Allstate Corporation investment assets. This job is an important part of the IGC team and involves supporting the senior portfolio managers as they manage various mandates, spanning a broad range of high to low turnover strategies. This portfolio manager will help manage some of the smaller portfolios, making sure they track the appropriate objectives and maintain similar risk as desired broader strategy as set by the senior portfolio managers. The PM will also support the senior portfolio managers with high turnover mandates. This job involves working closely with other portfolio managers and research analysts; as our process is very team-oriented, the ability to work well within the group is critical.
Under the direction of the senior portfolio managers, the Intermediate PM will be expected to focus on the following:
- Monitor and manage a subset of investment grade corporate mandates, ensuring they are consistent with the senior portfolio managers current macro views and analysts research recommendations.
- Responsible for all daily portfolio management activities including portfolio construction, risk and performance attribution, trading, compliance and reporting, as well as assisting the senior portfolio managers in trading across all portfolios and mandates.
- Collaborate closely with internal research team and senior portfolio managers to assess relative value characteristics of investment opportunities, both within and across sectors
- Monitor and manage portfolio characteristics to ensure adherence to strategy and client guidelines.
- Contributing to the improvement of the overall investment process by continually exploring new ideas, processes and technologies that will benefit the group.
- Assist in compliance and regulatory reporting, on both periodic and ad-hoc basis
- Provide support for internal and external communications on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA/CFA preferred
- Two to five years of investment experience in fixed income portfolio management, preferably in investment grade corporates.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Broad understanding of fixed income asset classes and instruments
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to be a reliable team player
- Ability to work efficiently, organize and prioritize assignments
- Ability to work well with internal and external contacts
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Products and Bloomberg. Experience with Blackrocks Aladdin trading system is a plus.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.