ABD-Regional Financial Sales Ldr-Sr Mgr
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Regional Financial Services Leader (RFSL) has responsibility for the ongoing securities supervision / education of all registered representatives (EFSs, EAs, IAs, sales producers, field distribution leaders) of Allstate Financial Services, LLC within a region to ensure strict adherence to broker/dealer policies and procedures as well as applicable NASD (National Association of Securities Dealers), SEC (Securities and Exchange Commission), and state securities laws and regulations.
This individual has responsibility for supporting senior field distribution leaders (FDLs) in the development and implementation of regional and territorial business strategies (production plan and EA/EFS development, EFS deployment, retention) and tactics to increase market share in financial services (FS) products. This individual shares direct responsibility with senior FDLs (RDL, DDL, TDLs, ACL) in the regions achievement of its annual FS production and EFS staffing plans.
Financial Services Production Plan / Producer (EFS/PFR) Accountabilities
- Develop, in partnership with senior frontline distribution leaders, a regional / territorial FS strategic business plan (sales and marketing, EFS deployment, EFS retention, EA/EFS partnerships, communication, education, etc.) that supports the achievement of the regions overall FS production plan. This individual shares direct responsibility with senior frontline distribution leaders for the regions achievement of its annual FS appointment and production plans.
- Work with senior frontline distribution leaders to translate territorial business strategies into clear objectives, tactics, specific action steps and accountabilities, preparing producer production estimates, forecasting staff and other resource needs, anticipating problems, and developing contingency plans
- Engage in personal recruiting activities designed to attract high caliber sales candidates (EFS & distribution leaders) for the region and, upon FDL request, provide recruiting support by engaging in discussions with their potential candidates to help fully explain the Allstate EFS opportunity
- Assist senior leadership with the development of their frontline distribution leaders financial services skills by accurately appraising overall strengths and weaknesses and by providing groups/individuals with targeted education
- Champion new ideas and initiatives; identify new business opportunities and make them a reality; foster innovation and risk-taking
- Establish a regional strategy for developing / strengthening new and existing EA/EFS partnerships
- The RFSL will have general supervisory accountability for all AFS Securities transactions and will have direct supervisory responsibility over all stock and bond trades made by any registered representatives, and reports directly to the President of Broker/Dealer in regard to these activities
- The RFSL will have general oversight for traditional life compliance with regulatory requirements and Company policies and standards. Monitors traditional life compliance issues, communicates findings and educates producers on acceptable business practices
- Review and coach FSCs (Direct Access) on annual business planning to assure consistency with the objectives of the territory and region
- Direct FSCs (Direct Access) in developing and implementing strategies for consulting with Direct Access EFSs to achieve sales and business objective targets
- 10+ years of financial services experience with 5+ years as a branch manager or compliance-related experience preferred
- 4 year college degree
- Series 7, 24, 51/53, 63 (in some states) or equivalent
- Life Licensed
- Industry certifications (preferred)
- Extensive Financial Services product knowledge
- Expertise in NASD, SEC, Broker/Dealer compliance requirements
- Strong financial services industry experience, knowledge and skills
- In-depth understanding of all financial services products/processes in order to assist producers in serving customer needs via products within in the Allstate Financial portfolio
- Proven track record for obtaining business results through the development of effective internal relationships within the distribution organization and across other business functions
- Strong distribution leadership experience, knowledge, and skills
- Experience in using Allstate technology (i.e., ALSTAR, IMPACT, Access Allstate, etc.) and Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with industry including competitors and trends (i.e., knows what it takes to be successful in the financial services industry through knowledge of the industrys history, customers, and competitive environment)
- Superior interpersonal skills Can quickly develop relationships and inspire trust
- Strong communication skills Includes presentation, business writing, negotiation, motivation and relationship management
- Problem solving Uses seasoned judgment by applying broad knowledge and experience when addressing complex issues
- Team building Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit, defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team; etc
- Talent management Fosters an environment that provides learning opportunities and support to direct reports
- Planning and organizational skills Can marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Ability to persuade others or gain acceptance of complex ideas where difficult but necessary to achieve goals and objectives
- Strong business knowledge and leadership skills,
- Ability to develop effective internal relationships across business functions
- Overnight travel
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.